News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

so here is my weird problem!!!!!

Started by autodynamics, August 13, 2007, 08:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

autodynamics

after turing on my headlights my turn signals glow dim and occcasionally they get brighter then dimmer, but after i use them the problem disappears for a few minutesd then comes back again..... so any suggestions? 69 charger... is the body.. thanks...pete

Plumcrazy

Whenever you have light that comes on when another light is turned on, the first to look for is a bad ground.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

70charger_boy

Quote from: Plumcrazy on August 13, 2007, 08:17:58 PM
Whenever you have light that comes on when another light is turned on, the first to look for is a bad ground.

:iagree:  Make sure that the ground is placed on an unpainted surface

autodynamics

hmmmm where are the grounds for the headlights/ turn signals?

Plumcrazy

Quote from: autodynamics on August 13, 2007, 09:46:40 PM
hmmmm where are the grounds for the headlights/ turn signals?

The front t/s housings ground themselves to the front valance panel.  Take a wire and run it between the t/s housings and the negative side of the battery and see if that makes a difference.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

70charger_boy

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on August 14, 2007, 07:22:12 AM
Try a new heavy duty flasher?

wouldn't a heavy duty flasher blink real fast without a heavy duty relay?

71ChallengeHer

Ok, now that's weird. I was gonna post a topic about my Challenger. When I had it out this weekend. I noticed  almost the same thing. When I had the headlights on the right turn signal light was dim. As I gave it more gas it got brighter. And when I left off, it dimmed. :ahum:

70charger_boy

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on August 14, 2007, 11:02:10 AM
Ok, now that's weird. I was gonna post a topic about my Challenger. When I had it out this weekend. I noticed  almost the same thing. When I had the headlights on the right turn signal light was dim. As I gave it more gas it got brighter. And when I left off, it dimmed. :ahum:

That sounds like a charging system problem.  Check the slack on your alternator.  Should have an 1/8 inch of play

autodynamics

i found the problem turns out the turn signal  switch was going bad and it tried pulling power through the switch hence turning the lights on dim. to correct the problem i changed the turn signal switch wiring and cam...