News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gen 3 hemi turbo + manual transmission = fun? Project Update 13/3 T56 Pickup!

Started by M.Palner, March 10, 2019, 05:29:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M.Palner

Hi guys, Gonna try to give you some updates on my charger, or upcoming project more.

So whats up now, well a number of highly questionable decisions later I sold my 440+727 and going to sell the TKO600.
Got a 5.7 truck hemi from 2008 and threw everything exept the block and heads basically...
ordered some stuff and trying to figure out turbo and how to make a T56 gearbox take that much power....

Its not a 4weeks project but the goal is to get it running (ish) next winter.

Some pics from streetweek thats like mini dragweek last summer:

Last godbye to my 440, got 463 bhp out of it .

And back to reality and how it sits, had to check the floor since the window had been leakin since like forever. But not as bad as i thought. And I have to Cut it even more to fi the Giant T56 ...

And offcourse some donuts at the last ride with the 440 made the 8 3/4 had enough... need to give that some loovin aswell.

I guess this will be some kind of long term project thread, So if i misplaced it here on the forum maybe some admin can help me move it  :thanks: :nana:

Let me know what you think! I'm prepared for a ton of keep it stock people to give me hell but hey, Bring it!  :beer: :70rule:

Have  a good one , until next time i get something done!

Update 6/3

So I suspected that something was up with my rear end. Took he diff out today to have a look and well. Full spool here i come  :nana:

Got to love the smell

Hey you.

Have seen better days for sure..

Going to get my T56 super magnum next week !

Update 13/3 (Murica = March 13)

So did some rough grinding on the floorpan and its not that bad. A ton of gue but solid.

AAAND the big stuff, got my T56 Super magnum today! PTNR : 19352208

The thing is big compared to my old TKO 600

Here's the TKO

Anyone else thinks that i should change the shifter  :nana: :lol:

Challenger340

Great car, looks like you're having FUN !  :2thumbs:

That said.... and IMO with no offense intended....
mid/low 10's and into the 9's with the Big Car's.....  I prefer an auto/convertor setup ? In my experience just waaaaay cheaper with far less parts breakage ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

M.Palner

Yeah it sure is, spent what feels like a small fortune converting this car to a stick from auto.

And it would probably be quicker down the 1/4 mile.

This car will spend 99.5% on the streets just beeing a smile / smoke machine. And maybe now and then go to the track :) And it is so much more fun with 3 pedals  :icon_smile_big:

Kern Dog

JB400

M.Palner

ACUDANUT

Brass

Nice!  That gun metal and grill treatment is my favorite combo for 70.

Kern Dog

JR

Awesome car.

I have a question man. Where on Earth did you find a clamp on roof rack for a 70 Charger?
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

M.Palner

Quote from: Kern Dog on March 11, 2019, 07:58:04 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 11, 2019, 01:09:02 PM
In the USA its month than year. Opposite in the UK.  :Twocents:

Thanks...I was thinking June 3rd....

My bad!, had no idea. I'm in Sweden so I guess we're the same as UK.

Quote from: JR on March 11, 2019, 08:01:01 PM
Awesome car.

I have a question man. Where on Earth did you find a clamp on roof rack for a 70 Charger?

Same as Volvo 240  :coolgleamA: and chevelle 71. Had it on all of them.
And on top its a homemade frame just for the tires

ACUDANUT

All your pic's look a normal shop in the USA  :Twocents:  :cheers:
In our Military here, we do the same.  DAY, THEN MONTH.

M.Palner

New update in the first post!

I know that most people put new updates in a new post every time but i think its kind of hard to keep track then :p. What do you prefer?

JR

Quote from: M.Palner on March 12, 2019, 02:04:39 AM
Quote from: Kern Dog on March 11, 2019, 07:58:04 PM
Quote from: ACUDANUT on March 11, 2019, 01:09:02 PM
In the USA its month than year. Opposite in the UK.  :Twocents:

Thanks...I was thinking June 3rd....

My bad!, had no idea. I'm in Sweden so I guess we're the same as UK.

Quote from: JR on March 11, 2019, 08:01:01 PM
Awesome car.

Same as Volvo 240  :coolgleamA: and chevelle 71. Had it on all of them.
And on top its a homemade frame just for the tires

That's awesome. I'll be on the lookout for one, thanks!
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

VegasCharger

Quote from: M.Palner on March 13, 2019, 12:23:48 PM

I know that most people put new updates in a new post every time but i think its kind of hard to keep track then :p. What do you prefer?

The norm is keep ONE thread active and post updates via replying to the latest reply. Thus creating more pages. If you keep using "Modify" in your original post, it will confuse members that are following your thread. Also it will be less work on you not having to type in date stamps each time as new replies does that for you automatically.

But it's your thread, do as you please. :cheers:

EDIT: Also you may want to save your thread URL into your favorites, that way if it goes inactive for some time you can easily go to your thread link instead of searching through the pages on the forum. I've seen 12+ year old threads bumped in here. :o

M.Palner

Quote from: VegasCharger on March 14, 2019, 05:25:17 AM
Quote from: M.Palner on March 13, 2019, 12:23:48 PM

The norm is keep ONE thread active and post updates via replying to the latest reply. Thus creating more pages. If you keep using "Modify" in your original post, it will confuse members that are following your thread. Also it will be less work on you not having to type in date stamps each time as new replies does that for you automatically.

But it's your thread, do as you please. :cheers:

EDIT: Also you may want to save your thread URL into your favorites, that way if it goes inactive for some time you can easily go to your thread link instead of searching through the pages on the forum. I've seen 12+ year old threads bumped in here. :o

Ok, well I dont want to confuse anyone   :icon_smile_question: I Guess adding a new post will bump it to, so going to do that next time  :2thumbs:

200MPH

Charger