News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BattleStar Galactica

Started by 69bananabeast, September 24, 2005, 11:15:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Khyron

Roe is hot, I would like to see her and Starbuck in a oil wrestling match :D

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

RD

the first thing about the series that through me for a loop was the fact that "boomer" was a girl and at the same time a cylon.  I was like wtf!

a second thing that I do not get is the fact that you have this great space age civilization, travelling from planet to planet and galaxy to galaxy, but they still communicate via cord phones on the bridge!  no flat screens, no great technological advancement anywhere. one scene had them drawing on a dry erase board!  I was like come on, at least we have smartboards now that are interlinked with computers!  I mean come on!  they can conquer FTL travel, but they cant communicate with wireless communications?

oh well, still like SG1 a helluva lot better.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TruckDriver

Thats because the ship is a out dated ship. It was going to be decomisioned and made into a museum, then the cylons attacked. In on of the early episodes, they even stated that one of the flight bays was already converted to a museum or something like that.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Khyron

Quote from: RD on September 27, 2005, 02:28:03 PM
a second thing that I do not get is the fact that you have this great space age civilization, travelling from planet to planet and galaxy to galaxy, but they still communicate via cord phones on the bridge!   no flat screens, no great technological advancement anywhere. one scene had them drawing on a dry erase board!   I was like come on, at least we have smartboards now that are interlinked with computers!   I mean come on!   they can conquer FTL travel, but they cant communicate with wireless communications?

Agreed with the post above me, but to answer your question. The cylones destroyed and infected any "NETWORKED" system on a ships in the first cylone war. Com Adama refused to let any advanced tech or networked machines to be installed / upgraded in the galactica.

and this proved to save that ships butt.

projections, communications ect all require a series of networked machine <voice over IP, ect> this would have left the galactica dead in the water and us with no show ;)

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Khyron

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TheGhost

BattleStar Galactica is my favorite TV show.  Stargate SG1 went downhill this season, IMO, but, Atlantis is making up for it. ;D
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

SirNik73

I never culd get into StarGate.... :P but o well.

Asked a while ago was any one looking forward to Serenity. in a word YES. but i don't thik looking forward to it is the correct emotion becasue i saw it a few months ago as part of the screening audience.  :icon_smile_big:
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

TruckDriver

Quote from: SirNik73 on September 27, 2005, 09:14:29 PM
I never culd get into StarGate

Me either.... BUT, I do love the movie (before the tv show) with Kurt Russel :yesnod:
Atlantis does not intrest me either :rotz:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

MyMopar

I'm a fraking Cylon and I'm cloning all the Charger Daytona's I can find  :icon_smile_big:

Then I will dial up a plant XX-29235 and drive them all through.  I heard that planet is stuck in the 60's and has a shield generator protecting them from the Wraith.

ck1

BG is good, and one of the only shows I watch on tv, but you know, I'm really werd for LEXX was the best! :o BOOOBEEE's
CJK

RD

Quote from: MyMopar on September 28, 2005, 10:04:25 AM
I'm a fraking Cylon and I'm cloning all the Charger Daytona's I can find   :icon_smile_big:

Then I will dial up a plant XX-29235 and drive them all through.   I heard that planet is stuck in the 60's and has a shield generator protecting them from the Wraith.

yeah its called a THC Cloud Shield and I heard it makes the inhabitants hungry and happy at that same time :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Khyron

:icon_smile_big:

thank you :D

rigth click, save as, folder name "Spank Bank"

HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

SirNik73

Quote from: Khyron on September 29, 2005, 07:08:47 AM
rigth click, save as, folder name "Spank Bank"

:iagree: :2thumbs: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

That's Way to Funny
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD