News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Found the clip from two lane blacktop with Big Willys Daytona

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, February 21, 2008, 10:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnumcharger

1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Aero426

Mopurr

Doug I very much agree When at the drive in that night  I realized why I had not seen that movie......It was bad reallllllly bad.

All it had going for it was the cars and even that is not enough to get me to ever watch it again.

BigBlockSam

reminds me of the 70's when we raced down ave p in newark. i could almost smell the rubber in the air.  :2thumbs:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

69_500

I've had  that movie on DVD for probably 6 years now, and have yet to watch the entire thing. I have put it in the player several times, and never made it more than about 20 minutes into the movie.

RAC95054

Quote from: Mopurr on February 21, 2008, 11:53:56 PM
Doug I very much agree When at the drive in that night  I realized why I had not seen that movie......It was bad reallllllly bad.

All it had going for it was the cars and even that is not enough to get me to ever watch it again.

I was always a little skeptical at how a car movie with James Taylor could be any good, nad I guess now I know it wasn't!  I'll skip it next Blockbuster trip.
Play: Work that you enjoy doing for nothing.   -Evan Esar

rav440

Quote from: 69_500 on February 22, 2008, 12:08:52 PM
I've had  that movie on DVD for probably 6 years now, and have yet to watch the entire thing. I have put it in the player several times, and never made it more than about 20 minutes into the movie.

:smilielol: :smilielol: almost same here only i watched the whole movie but it took me over a week to see it i could only watch about 10 mins of it at a time then id get ill shut it off . the has to be the biggest POS car movie ever made .

ok rant over , i have to check the jets .  :eyes:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

Ghoste

It's one of my all time favorites.  To each his own though I guess.  For me, I'd sooner watch the low budget unscripted type of flick like Two Lane Blacktop than the dramatic effect supercharged Hollywood nic Cage Angelina Jolie bigger than life spectacle of the Gone In 60 Seconds remake.

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on February 26, 2008, 10:38:06 AM
It's one of my all time favorites.  To each his own though I guess.  For me, I'd sooner watch the low budget unscripted type of flick like Two Lane Blacktop than the dramatic effect supercharged Hollywood nic Cage Angelina Jolie bigger than life spectacle of the Gone In 60 Seconds remake.
I agree with you
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

wingfan

I like it too and have watched it several times.  Sure it can't compare to Bullitt or Vanishing Point, but it's an interesting look back at what it was like in 1970.
Just seeing the variety of muscle cars makes it interesting for me.  And boy do I drool over that orbit orange '70 Judge!  Being an Arkansan, it's neat to see the parts filmed here, especially the Carlisle dragstrip.  The plot doesn't hold together well, but can you top Warren Oats' tall tales, all different, to each of the hitch hikers?  The ending is the worst part of the film -- it just quits.

Ghoste

Brock Samson

i like it alot!  :popcrn:
it came from the same era as Easy Rider and folks were trying new ways of movie making, i like it cause it feels real, not all glamorised and slick...
it's about some Hot Rod hustlers out on the road and a couple days in their life...

it wasn't some big budget hollywood production it was a low budget film and  i like it about a thousand times better then F&F or GI60S

And warren oats is awesome in that film,..  as GTO..

but then again some folks hate Bullett too..  :shruggy:

what about some other movies like
Grand Prix from 1967
or Le Mans from 1970?..

you guys seen those?..

Ghoste

Yep, got 'em both.  Love to collect car movies of all styles here.

BigBlockSam

QuoteAnd boy do I drool over that orbit orange '70 Judge! 

:drool5: I LUV THOSE OLD GOATS . SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img