News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

interior quote

Started by charger01, April 02, 2008, 08:53:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger01

I am looking to get my headliner and seats refoamed and recovered in my 69 as soon as it comes back from the body shop.  He wants 300 to install the headliner, and 600 to refoam and recover 2 buckets and the rear seat.  Iam supplying the materials.  Is this a fair price?

charger01

Just installing factory stuff from legendary...

terrible one

I don't know about the seats, but the two quotes I got to install my headliner right out of the box were for $180 and $200 I believe.

Blown70

Quote from: charger01 on April 02, 2008, 10:16:58 AM
Just installing factory stuff from legendary...

UM I am going to say do it yourself?  Serious it is not rocket science.  Save the $$.

Troy

I paid around $450 to get my seats recovered in my Barracuda but installed the headliner myself after getting some quotes ($500+). That's with Legendary covers too. My thinking was that the seat covers are the second most noticeable parts of the car after the exterior paint - so not something I wanted to screw up. I had quotes as low as $200 for the seat covers but couldn't find any examples of the guy's work. The guy I ended up using has a stack of awards and I inspected several cars that he had done in person. The headliner in a Barracuda is MUCH simpler than a Charger and easier to install without wrinkles.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

charger01

got ahold of another guy who says he will do the headliner for 200, and the buckets seats for 50 a piece and the back seat for 40 including foams.  This seems almost too cheap. :shruggy:

Quote from: Troy on April 02, 2008, 11:37:25 AM
I paid around $450 to get my seats recovered in my Barracuda but installed the headliner myself after getting some quotes ($500+). That's with Legendary covers too. My thinking was that the seat covers are the second most noticeable parts of the car after the exterior paint - so not something I wanted to screw up. I had quotes as low as $200 for the seat covers but couldn't find any examples of the guy's work. The guy I ended up using has a stack of awards and I inspected several cars that he had done in person. The headliner in a Barracuda is MUCH simpler than a Charger and easier to install without wrinkles.

Troy

Arent you from the cinci area?  If so who did your work?

68charger383

If your redoing the headliner, don't forget to switch out the roof pillar emblems while its off. 
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

charger01

Quote from: 68charger383 on April 03, 2008, 12:10:14 AM
If your redoing the headliner, don't forget to switch out the roof pillar emblems while its off. 

Gettin rid of em......

4aThrill

I got quotes from 1400 - 5K for the hole shhhh bang includes headliner, side pannels, bucket seats and backseat but that is with my custom design kinda just changed the color of the inserts and the color of the side pannels  :drool5:  anyways the quote you got seems kinda high just keep on shopping around I went to ten or so shops looking for the best bang for the buck and if they have the knowledge of mopar stuff.  :D