News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Muscle Car Shootout on Speed - Now!

Started by Shakey, October 17, 2005, 08:09:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

If you can handle listening to Peter Klutt, Speed is showing the Dream Car Garage Muscle Car Shootout on television right now - 9:00 PM ET.

This shootout is based on the small block Trans Am cars of the late 60's and early 70's.

Khyron

on now :thumbsup:

I was looking for something until OCC ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Troy

That was pretty interesting. I haven't seen that episode yet but it's fun to watch those guys drive the cars like they were meant to be driven.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Khyron

Loved the breaking part.... some of those cars where all over!  :o

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Missed half of the show.  Was able to see the road course though.  I agree with Troy....pretty exhilarating to see the cars being beat on like that.  Peter is a pretty good driver as well.  I love how he was able to talk while rowing the gears around the turns like that.....like he was driving to the store for milk! :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Shakey

I have "heard" some not so nice things about Peter Klutt from some of the car guys here in Southern Ontario. 

He owns Legendary Motorcar Company that is in Milton, ON (about 15 mins from home) http://www.legendarymotorcar.com/

I have never met him, and he has never done me wrong so I can't judge the guy.

I'd say he is pretty fortunate to have the opportunity to wheel those cars around on a regular basis.

BigBlackDodge

I have "heard" some not so nice things about Peter Klutt from some of the car guys here in Southern Ontario. 

He hates torsion bars it seems.....................he mentions it every time he drives an old mopar. And yet the Challenger did well on road course. Was it me or did he push the Camaro a bit faster around the track? The camaro seemed to get alot closer to the pavement edge exiting the turns?

The Camaro won the overall................I knew it would before they did anything. ::)

BBD

69_500

I didn't get to see the end of the episode but how on earth did the Camaro win the overall? On the 0-60 the Challenger was over a half second quicker than any other car, and then a full second faster in the quarter mile than the other cars. Was it last place on the road course or something?

BigBlackDodge

Quote from: 69_500 on October 18, 2005, 07:17:29 PM
I didn't get to see the end of the episode but how on earth did the Camaro win the overall? On the 0-60 the Challenger was over a half second quicker than any other car, and then a full second faster in the quarter mile than the other cars. Was it last place on the road course or something?

The Chally did very well on the road course, but came in third behind the mustang. The times were pretty darn close between the top three.......like a second apart or so. Like I said Klutt does not like torsion bars and probably didnt push the car to it's limits.

They should have had two drivers out there then averaged their times.

BBD

I don't know why guys hate torsion bars.  My shop teacher in high school said it was one of the worst suspensions there is.  A friend of mine in the class said something about how much he hated torsion bars.  I then had to remind him of a night of drag racing in which he was riding with me around fairly sharp corner at 100+mph.  He was screaming "we're gonna die!"  After we got stopped he said "God I love Mopars!  If we were in my Chevelle we'd be in the ditch!"  The ol' torsion bars didn't do too bad.

Suspension is all in arm placment and orientation.  A car handles well based on roll centers, camber gain, and spring rates.  It doesn't really matter if it's leaves, coils, or torsion bars.
When I was just a very young lad I looked up and told my dad, a bareback rider's what I wanna be.  I want the whole world to know about me.  In the rodeo arena I'll make my stand.  I wanna be a rodeo man.  I'll come flyin' from the chute with my spurs up high, chaps and boots reachin' for the sky.  Spurin' wild with my head throwed back, you'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.  You'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.