News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Charger full quarter - NOS vs. new repro?

Started by A34, December 06, 2008, 06:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suntech

Does not surprice me. The cars had much bigger tolerances back then, so i would surpriced if parts just fitted PERFECT on all cars, AMD or CBD :Twocents:

Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

superbirdtom

that is for sure, the gaps on mopars were horrible from the factory. Even now ford trucks especially are bend to fit parts . subary bolt together with non adjusting collared bolts and fit beautiful. point is . I just ant a panel that is straight with thick metal and the right lines . I will probably order the more expensive ones . but will maybe order one brand for each side.

71RT4ME

Quote from: superbirdtom on December 23, 2008, 11:08:29 AM
that is for sure, the gaps on mopars were horrible from the factory. Even now ford trucks especially are bend to fit parts . subary bolt together with non adjusting collared bolts and fit beautiful. point is . I just ant a panel that is straight with thick metal and the right lines . I will probably order the more expensive ones . but will maybe order one brand for each side.
The problem is not with the car-it is the new panels from Classic Body Designs that are the problem.Incorrect body lines,mis-shapen marker lamp openings,dimensions that are wrong,and bends that are softer than they should be.

superbirdtom

suntech

Quoteso the cheaper amd ones are better??
We dont know that yet, since we have no reports on the fit from any AMD customers yet. We have 3 pairs of AMD quarters on it´s way over here now (Norway). We will let you guys know what we think, when we start installing,  but there should be plenty of them installed over there, by then!!
Think it is kinda strange, sounded like it was litterly hundreds of cars waiting for rear quarters, and people were bitching about AMD beeing late with their quarters, and they have been out there for app 3 months now, so i would think somebody has got them, and testfitted them!!!! :shruggy:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Dodge Don

Quote from: 71RT4ME on December 25, 2008, 04:57:32 PM
Quote from: superbirdtom on December 23, 2008, 11:08:29 AM
The problem is not with the car-it is the new panels from Classic Body Designs that are the problem.Incorrect body lines,mis-shapen marker lamp openings,dimensions that are wrong,and bends that are softer than they should be.

I didn't have those issues. Did you buy a set and have a legitimate opinion or are you just parroting what someone else said?

superbirdtom

What I am trying to do is find out which is the best quarter panel. some members have said there is only a difference in price, some have said that one has inferior lines to the other one.  It has been my experience that usually you get what you pay for. the more inexpenive aftermarket musclecar sheetmetal is the worse it is. then someone says not in this case they are both equal in quality although one costs twice what the other does. maybe the will have a booth set up next to each other at a car show  :boxing_smiley:  I also think I need another cup of coffee before I write anything more on here. :coocoo: