News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ANY OVAL TRACK FANS OUT THERE?

Started by mikepmcs, May 27, 2008, 09:46:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikepmcs

So I decided to take a couple pics tonight seeing this is what i do every tuesday/wednesday and ok most of the week including saturday and last week sunday.  I'm kind of the crew chief and the technical dude but I don't like to claim that title.  Oh yeah...I'm the spotter too, that sucks sometimes by the way but ain't been fired yet. :angel:  Man those guys cuss alot!(at me)
This is kind of a check your feelings at the door crew and I'm ok with that considering I have no feelings whatsoever.  Works perfect for me. This is Gene and Zackary(yes that's how he spells it) Hatch.  Absolutely the craziest duo I have ever met.  We got run over Sunday and the car is ready to go again after tonight, but I think that 06X car is gonna have a bad day on saturday...and we will be asked to leave the track for a couple weeks.  It hasn't happened yet but I am just saving myself some typing here.
How's that pinion doing(out of Zack's super street cah' no pics of that one tonight??) One of 3 cars and this is only pics of the pro stock
That is mackadoo in the one picture.   He likes to be on camera.
Stay tuned for sure.
Enjoy

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

Few more. 
It was a total mess before we started tonight but she came around. :2thumbs:

That did say... GENE'S AUTO SALES AND REPAIR. :yesnod:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

RallyeMike

Circle trackers are the die hards. They will quit their jobs, stop eating, and stay up for 7 days to get a wreck back on the track the next weekend. Go git 'em!

I still go as a spectator to local short tracks. Heres a shot from the "old" days...  The chevy guys were   :brickwall:  when they saw this thing turned into a stock car.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

MSRacing89

I am a big fan.  Raced for a lot of years, sold everything a few years ago.  Just got too hard to stay up all night, all week.
http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/1203phr_1968_dodge_charger/index.html

'68 Charger 440, 11:1, ported Stealth Heads, Lunati voodoo 60304, 3.23 gear, Mulit-port EZ-EFI, Gear Vendors OD and Tallon Hydroboost.

Shakey

I used to crew with the # 1 Canadian Tire Chevrolet Monte Carlo driven by Peter Gibbons in the CASCAR / NASCAR circuit a number of years back.  I was the spotter during the races and enjoyed it very much.  Long weekends with little or no sleep, food was great and brews on the way home on Sunday nights tasted better than ever.  We won back-to-back championships in 1999-2000 and those two summers I was the best shape I was in since high school. 

1969chargerrtse

This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

restoman

Quote from: Shakey on May 28, 2008, 10:45:34 AM

I used to crew with the # 1 Canadian Tire Chevrolet Monte Carlo driven by Peter Gibbons in the CASCAR / NASCAR circuit a number of years back.  I was the spotter during the races and enjoyed it very much.  Long weekends with little or no sleep, food was great and brews on the way home on Sunday nights tasted better than ever.  We won back-to-back championships in 1999-2000 and those two summers I was the best shape I was in since high school. 

Gibbons  :2thumbs:
I'm a big fan of Whitlock and Dilley. I painted their cars since 2001 up till last year.
The Canadian Tire Series produces some great racing.

mikepmcs

These were from last saturday's antics. 
That 7 car is another one Gene purchased so he can run with his son.(super street)
Here's the pro street(minus some weight...no, it wasn't the spotter's fault, he simply had no where to go)  Finished 10th and if they would have kept the sheduled 50 laps(cut to 40), Gene would have gobbled up at least 2 more cars.

mikepmcs

couple more pics of today, nothing special.

71ChallengeHer

I love going to the Dirt Track Races ( that's what we call them around here  ;) ) I use to work for Bobby Allen. We were at the races every weekend. When the Outlaws were in town it was crazy.

hutch

man I love old school oval track racing.  Keep it up boys, you are what America is all about.    :2thumbs:
In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

Bandit72

i live in the middle of circle "dirt" track country :P i am a huge fan.
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

rustafarian

I'll be out again Friday night,  weather permitting. Spectator & Figure 8 racing at Sycamore Speedway outside Chicago.
This car was totally toasted when I got it,  looks great from the stands I'm told:

Later that night,  guy in Valvoline shirt thought she was restorable until he got within 50 feet:

Bent lower control arm,  messed up the steering linkage too:

Making freinds in the pits:

Slapped back together:

She lives to fight again:

I like racing Mopars,  don't matter what year:

many nights later:

The Reliant still runs,  but only in reverse now,  so I got another.  They're for Compact racing,  the fresh white one I traded for a steering column.

You get what you pay for,  she spun the flywheel after just a few nights

So I bought another one for $100.  I'll run her and the Charger Friday night.
I can't take a left turn in street traffic anymore without wishing I was on the dirt.

Beyond the Palace hemi-powered drones scream down the boulevard

ChargerRon

Love the dirt car pictures, although everybody in the 2nd picture holding a beer sorta makes it look like an episode of "King of the Hill"  :smilielol:

mikepmcs

anyone got a good tire softener recipe out there. :icon_smile_big:

WingCharger