News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hood pin plate orientation

Started by haueter66, October 30, 2005, 06:45:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haueter66

I have a 71 charger 500.  The holes are in the hood for the pins, but the plate holes are not there.  Do the get drilled in a + pattern or an X ?

cudaken

On the + or x, are you talking about the holes for the chrome plate? Now I get it, you want to know if there is a led screw that goes to the front of the Charger or 2 led screw's one on the left and the other on the right.

My 70 cuda is in a X shape. It is a factory hood pin car and factory pins but no idea if the hood has been changed at one point.

Cuda Ken
I am back

ScottW

Looks like X was the factory style. Here's a pic:

http://www.71superbee.com/John_Bober/FJ6/FJ6_71_superbee_024.jpg

There are many more examples on John's site too.

1971 Dodge Charger SE 383 Magnum
1974 Dodge Charger SE 360/4v Sunroof

Drop Top

:iagree: I agree with Ken. I have a stock Air Grabber Hood Car with the factory pins and the pattern of the screws are in an X. If that is wrong. There are more then a few that I put on wrong. And even more wrong that I have seen at some pretty major shows.   ;)

haueter66

hemigeno

The pattern for the hood pin bezels changed after 1969.  It went from the "+" arrangement in 69 to to the "X" style from '70 on.

Chrysler's engineers figured out that the hood pin's cable (coated with a clear plastic) got torn up by the bezel screw being in-line with the hood pin.  By rotating the bezel 45 degrees, they eliminated the alignment and the torn-up cables.

Found all this out doing research on my Daytona...

haueter66