News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

People that Restored there Cars Please

Started by G-man, November 19, 2008, 09:56:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-man

Hi

Im looking to Find original bolts for seat belts for my 68 Charger.

What bolts were used in them... x4 C10 and x6 C11 ?

Anyone got any Idea where I can get them from new?

Is it neccessary to stay with original style bolts or not, as long as the rating is correct?

What if the new bolts that have the correct rating have thread top-bottom rather then just in middle like the originals? Does that matter?

What can I do/should do?

I need bolts ASAP.

E5 Charger

I don't know of anyone that has the exact match, but check out http://www.ssnake-oyl.com/ or http://www.seatbeltpros.com/
This is all I can think of. You may just have to take your bolts to a hardware store and match them.

G-man

I dont have Bolts

So I wanted to ask

What Bolts were used originally

C10 and C11 or C11 and C12 etc

And does it matter if they are original or aslong as the rating is the same?

68r/t

BEA have them new for E bodies, ask Mike he may know if they some of them will suit B bodies.

G-man

thanks for that.

So C11 was definately used, for the longer bolt (where the belts double up) was it a C12 or C10?

However I have found something in the strangest place.

ALL bolt places, seat belt hardware places, year one, snake oyl so on so forth dont have the style I need.

http://www.xvmotorsports.com/products/detail/index.cfm?nPID=124&cid=21&cdesc=Interior

they have them lol.

Btw - at $1.95 each, sure hell beats paying 60 dollars for 8 bolts. 60 dollars for 8 bolts is a little obsurd being honest. Out right rediculous.

AKcharger

G-man

I wouldn't get too wrapped around the axel about original bolts. the time and expense to get 'em aren't worth it unless your going for 100 pt. show car. I used Stainless steel where ever I could and got 'em from lowes...work great!

Good luck

gtx6970

the head markings are to identify the length of the shoulder under the hex head, The shoulder is determined by how may layers of belts it's being used to fasten

Chatt69chgr

If you have a junkyard handy with any Chrysler stuff in it vintage 60's or 70's----I'am talking about old new yorkers or even A bodies, look at them.  They used the same bolts for all of their cars.  I've seen lots of these out there.  The secret is finding one that didn't get water in the back floor pans and rust the bolts.  I am wanting to recall that it took a 13/16 socket to get these out.  I think I took a 6-point deep reach and some extensions along with a power handle and and ratchet.  Took a lot of force to get some of them loose and out.  One thing I have learned the hard way on old Mopars is to never throw away ANYTHING.  You may need it later. 

AKcharger

Oh wait...seat belt bolts...ah yeah Lowes will not have that...I'll just be quiet now and go away :eek2:

scorchred