News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Actual Bullitt Movie Charger Apparently Found - Pics

Started by JMF, November 14, 2008, 05:10:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFRT

might be wishfull thinking...but....

the mounting holes inside the car...what other purpose, reason would they be there?......it would boil down to what other Charger of this make and vintage was used as a camera /equipment mule...right? probably not very many....

and..if he was going to out and out fake it...seems like he would fake 'way more solid evidence'...so the very wierdness of it might actually make it true.

I really hope it pans out cause im so totally sick of the mustang and the psuedo beatnik cop getting all the attention. the bad guys where way cooler....PUMP SHOTGUN plus Charger=AWESOME.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hemi-hampton

Well, A roll bar could always account for some holes but probably not the ones near Passenger seat :scratchchin: :shruggy:

SFRT

yeah I cant imagine a rollcage that would  mount at those points?
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Mike DC

There were no rollbars/cages in any of the "Bullitt" cars as far as I know.

Uncaged stunt cars were still pretty common for the time.  1960/70s Hollywood still didn't always even cage their intentional rollover shots, nevermind the cars they planned to keep on all fours.

1BAD68

The article mentions that the car they blew up had roughly 600 miles on it when destroyed, so I would assume that the cars used were bought new by Warner Bros?
If he could find the dealership that sold the cars maybe they would have some records of vin#'s, if his car matched that would be solid.
But at this point I think its most likely the real deal so far.

Mike DC

Yeah, that was indeed the case.  The stunt guys have said they snatched two R/Ts right off a local SanFran dealership lot. 

The movie was actually sponsored by Ford, but Balchowski declared the midsize Fairlanes unfit for combat.

hemi-hampton

Mike, I meant a non bullitt car with roll bar. Not bullitt car with roll bar. Just saying thats how you can sometimes explain holes in floor on some cars. LEON. :scratchchin:

Mike DC

65post

MCG has an article on this car in it this month.Has it been confirmed as the real deal?
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

Ghoste

bull

Here's some pics of the one they "blew up" as it went past the gas station. It looks pretty beat and if they crushed one this was probably the one.

http://www.ponysite.de/index2.htm

There is one thing I find interesting about the article where current owner is interviewed. At the bottom of that page they interviewed another guy named Anthony Bologna (nice last name) and he says he remembers that the engine bay was painted black. If the car was originally yellow and was painted black by WB for filming, why would they bother painting the engine bay just for the movie? Film crews are not generally known for doing more work than they have to due to time constraints, and I don't remember there being any under hood shots of the Charger...?

ChargerSG

About the ad, the guy just trying to make more money.
About the actual Charger, when seeing that movie in the seventies i to wanted a Black 68 Charger :icon_smile_big: Then when father came home later that year with a 69 SE 4speed it was a 69 RT/SE 4speed Trippel Black as number one and still is :icon_smile_big:
My RT/SE allso had a unionflag on the roof, former owner clamied it to be a real DOH car, after checking it seriosly  it was like i knew no real GL. There are to many urban legends, and someones lie long ago becomes the truth...
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

69*F5*SE

Like 65post stated, the February issue of Mopar Collector's Guide shows all of the same pictures with this story. What a great find if it's true.  I'm a believer   :yesnod:  I think.   :scratchchin:

Mike DC

Nothing has changed.  The car still smells legit, but there's still not nearly enough evidence to make a firm decision either.

Ghoste

Quote from: ChargerSG on January 12, 2009, 05:52:38 AM
About the ad, the guy just trying to make more money.

As a point of interest, there isn't an ad for the car and as far as I know he is claiming that the car is not for sale. :scratchchin:

Blakcharger440

There is not enough documentation or even coming close to proving one way or another other that it is the real bullet car.....so for that matter someone else even on this board may own it and not even know it. :shruggy: That would just be as probable as his claim.

Finn

You're right...In fact Im nearly positive my charger is the Bullitt car.
My reasons being:
its a 68
its black
and the deal-sealer, it was also missing hubcaps.
If thats not proof I dont know what is.
:eyes: ;D
Actually the only thing my charger has in vague similarity is that it was at one time at a dealer in Sunnyvale...so maybe it was considered for the part.  :shruggy:lol
Back to the charger in question; my bet is that it is the actual car...fun to believe so in any case.

1968 Dodge Charger 440, EFI, AirRide suspension
1970 Dodge Challenger RT/SE 383 magnum
1963 Plymouth Savoy 225 with a 3 on the tree.
2002 Dodge Ram 5.9L 360
2014 Dodge Dart 2.4L

Mike DC

I agree that it seems quite likely. 

The guy has not gone about this "revealing" process in a way that smells very fishy.  If he was gonna fake it, then I would expect forged paperwork and a more specific trail back to the movie itself.    The reasoning to link this car to "Bullitt" is certainly not very iron-clad justifiable if he tries to sell it for huge money later on.

Ghoste

He claims he has no intent to sell just to show but we know how that goes.  I'm sure he will show it as being the car so that and a magazine article to bolster the claim and a few years from now that would be all the proof needed to fish in some fool at B-J.

Blakcharger440

Quote from: Ghoste on January 15, 2009, 04:53:27 AM
He claims he has no intent to sell just to show but we know how that goes.  I'm sure he will show it as being the car so that and a magazine article to bolster the claim and a few years from now that would be all the proof needed to fish in some fool at B-J.

Exactly. Its a cool car just being what it is without the alleged claim to fame. There is no solid proof that the car is legit so it is just specualation. The truth always comes out though....just like 1970 Daytonas.

BB1

Delete my profile

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."