News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

California Car Cover

Started by Todd Wilson, November 11, 2005, 05:17:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Wilson

Got my Plush Weave California Car cover today for the 71.  I am very happy with everything. It fits perfect and seems to be a well built cover.  The guys at Calcarcover.com   were great to talk to on the phone. They aslk you questions and you tell them what enviroment your car will be in and they will recommend a cover.   My cover is the gray plush weave cover. Designed for mostly indoor use to keep dust and stuff off the car. It can be used on a limited basis outside such as the 2-3 times a year the Charger is outside at a motel for a show.

Todd

73rallye440magnum

Cool, so you'll sell me that 2nd gen thats next to it, right? that way your cars cover could "breathe" better. how much was the cover if you dont mind me asking?
Current- 70 Charger XH29G Y3, F8, F8

Past- '73 Rallye U code, '69 Coronet 500 vert, '68 Roadrunner clone, XP29H8, XP29G8

Charger_Fan

Looks like it was tailored for your car too, mine was just a general size to fit a car this >          < big.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Runner

did it come with the antenna hole or did you have to make it?.

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

Todd Wilson

Quote from: 73rallye440magnum on November 11, 2005, 08:12:56 PM
Cool, so you'll sell me that 2nd gen thats next to it, right? that way your cars cover could "breathe" better. how much was the cover if you dont mind me asking?

HAHA!  Yeah right!  Frankie is not for sale!

The cover whenI bought it was 189$  with 12$ shipping. It has since went up 20$ i believe.

I also had a 50$ gift card so that brought my price down.

Todd

Todd Wilson

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 11, 2005, 09:18:39 PM
Looks like it was tailored for your car too, mine was just a general size to fit a car this >               < big.

It is a custom cut cover for a 71 . It had its own part #. I would be curious to see if it would work for all 3rd gen Chargers and the Roadrunner/Sat cars as well. It fits perfectly and has extra around the mirrors

Todd

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Runner on November 11, 2005, 09:21:18 PM
did it come with the antenna hole or did you have to make it?.

I had to make the antenna hole. Took the antenna off and put the cover on. Found where I needed to make the hole and stuck a pencil thru. They send you extra gromments and you then snap one over your hole and then make the hole bigger to fit.

Todd