News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1969 Charger - shuts off

Started by 4Bangin69, January 04, 2009, 02:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

use seafoam to clean out your fuel system.. works really good.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

4Bangin69

You know the wiring could be wrong...?  
 When I changed the spark plugs with new ones I noticed that the plugs on the distributor were crossed. I'm gonna check the firing order again. The timing might have jumped and the previous owner might have crossed the plugs to get it started again.

I'm gonna check it again tonight...

I allready removed the timing chain and put a new one, but did not put it TDC before I pulled it off. I might have to do it all over again. Should the dots on the CAM gear and crank line up at 6 & 12 ?    Is there another way to check with out having to pull the front of the motor off again.

69bronzeT5

Did you ever get the thing running? :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

TylerCharger69

I'm in south Texas too....where are you located??   And....the mystery plug above the wiper motor....I think it has been concluded that its original purpose was for a manual washer pump.  Where the water hoses would go through the firewall.   Usually found on early 69's.   Correct me if I'm wrong though.

lisiecki1

i haven't read the whole thread, but i had a demon 600 on a 360 once upon a time and that thing was an SOB to tune....the "4 corner idle inserts" were just a pain in the a$$.....if you have the ability to do it, try running an eddy 750....much easier to tune.....and pull the fuel lines and flush them out....check for an inline fuel filter, which would probably need to be replaced due to the old gas in the system.....also, 450 rpm is quite low, try upping the idle speed adjustment......I'm in Sealy texas a little west of Katy....whereabout are you located?
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

TylerCharger69

lisiecki1

Quote from: TylerCharger69 on June 29, 2009, 06:46:21 PM
Corpus Christi  here...

cool, my best friend used to live near corpus....he's from odom....
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

4Bangin69

Hey guys I haven't posted in a long while but I'm from Sugarland south west of Houston. i have finally pulled the engine and had it rebuilt.  Just this past weekend I pulled the tranny, and I'm taking that this week for a rebuild.