News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

radio

Started by 68blue, October 04, 2009, 08:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68blue

Starting work on my 68 we found that it has a factory 8 track which was confirmed by the fender plate. It does not work, is it worth it to just leave it alone, or replace it with something more modern?

Dans 68

That is definitely worth saving. Either leave it alone or have it fixed, but do not get rid of it.

But, if you really don't want it, please send me a PM. They are somewhat rare and I would love to have one in my '68.  :2thumbs:

Dan

Oh, and 68blue, in case no one has said it before "welcome to the site"!

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

GN

There is a place that sells modern reproductions that should fit right in. Yes, save the original.

y3chargerrt

There are no aftermarket radios to fit a 2nd  gen radio opening that I know of.

68blue

Where would be a good place to start to have it repaired? I could probably scare up some 8 tracks. :yesnod:

68charger383

I would go with Wards to repair it. You could also buy one off ebay for $100-$200

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,29979.0.html
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

mauve66

Quote from: y3chargerrt on October 04, 2009, 04:44:40 PM
There are no aftermarket radios to fit a 2nd  gen radio opening that I know of.

you can get a modern shaft radio to fill the guts on yours so the outside looks correct, i'm getting mine done now, not a business, more of a sideline for the guy, i will ask him if he wants me to put his info out there if your interested
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment