News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Has anyone checked out this clone in person?.....

Started by ramairthree, September 20, 2009, 06:44:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Wow what a car!  Sorry could'nt help myself, the owner said it several times. :laugh:
Not bad.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

oldcarnut

It's on Craigslist now. http://charleston.craigslist.org/cto/1379932164.html I thought I saw it somewhere else before and Ebay was it.  Wouldn't tell me a price or details in an Email from him  :shruggy:.  I know one of the guys that sells the cars with him.  Lives near me and not in Hartsville.  I'll give him a call this week.  Car prices sure have dropped a lot.  Barely broke 23K.  I'm only a few grand short of that what I have in my project clone with more to go and its still just a turd bird  :lol:. Well I guess it doesn't matter too much as I'm building it for me and not for resell but I try not to get too much upside down with my cars just in case I need to.

hotrod98

Bottom line...if I can't get what I think my Daytona is worth, I'll keep it and drive it. My car was worth more than 23K before I even started the Daytona transformation. Of course mine's a 69 RT SE triple black car with data plate to prove it.

The market is working both for me and against me at the same time. I've found a real bird that's in my budget and if I could sell my Daytona clone and/or my 71 Cuda clone, it would make the new purchase just that much easier.

I'm curious as to what the guy is expecting to get out of the 70 Daytona clone.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

nelson_audet

this guy said to me via e-mail he want 32K for his daytona replica
69 Charger RT 440 4 SPD 4.10 Dana car B5 blue

hotrod98

Charles Addams

41husk

I for one truly hope you don't need to keep your Daytona clone :icon_smile_big:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

daytonalo

It's worth even more because of the Vinyl top and plug delete

ramairthree

Quote from: 41husk on September 21, 2009, 11:15:43 AM

Yeah, but I would be surprised if he gets that for it.

Without the rear window done,
and without more detail about the wing and nose parts and wheter the headlights work right.

If he gave some great detail about the parts, moldings in place so it does not overheat, etc. etc.
he might.
More detail may have gotten more bids.

hotrod98

Quote from: 41husk on September 21, 2009, 11:15:43 AM
I'm finishing up on the brakes today and hope to take it to the trim shop tomorrow for the headliner. My trim shop only charges $240 labor to install a headliner and that is well worth the money to have one done right. We just picked up the 69 runner from the trim shop today and the headliner looks absolutely perfect.

Charles Addams

41husk

I hope I sell one of mine at Monster Mopar so I can get yours!  I will take it with a red wing  :cheers:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on September 22, 2009, 02:29:19 PM
I hope I sell one of mine at Monster Mopar so I can get yours!  I will take it with a red wing  :cheers:
MIGHT AS WELL ORDER IT THE WAY YOU WANT IT   :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:    LARRY  :nana:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

Here's a pic of my clone taken in the front shop earlier this evening. It's getting there slowly but surely.
This is our old shop that we now use for mechanical work and storage.

Charles Addams

41husk

WoW! that looks great.  What car are you taking to Monster Mopar this weekend?
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

hotrod98

Since there's a 50% chance of rain on Friday, we've decided to just drive the Daytona pickup like we did last year. That will get us in the infield as a non-judged entry. This way we can take our canopy, chairs and ice chest in with us. And, we'll have a way to carry any parts out that we purchase. Kind of works out pretty good.
We were planning to bring Ken's white Superbird up but I decided that it would just be too much responsibility. Kind of scares me to be responsible for someone else's car. Especially a car as nice as Ken's white Superbird. Both of his birds are awesome.
Hopefully next year we'll be driving our new Superbird. I hope...I hope...I hope. We're doing the paperwork now. :icon_smile_big:

Charles Addams

41husk

I hope you can make it out to the Mopad Friday night.  Regaurdless, stop by the swap area and say hello.  I am Usually against the fence near the car corall.  You cant miss me I will have both the blue 68 and the sublime Bee in the spot for sale.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

69charger2002

what do you guys think would be a good price for this car? a price where i "cannot go wrong"? i am thinking of buying this one. i could care less about the rear window plug, the vinyl top is not bad to me, and i want a driver. any suggestions on a good deal price based on the pics?
thanks!
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

hotrod98

I would want to take a look at it first. I'm just wondering why it's jacked up in the back.
Those rear springs look a little torqued, if you know what I mean.

Charles Addams

oldcarnut

Quote from: 69charger2002 on October 12, 2009, 09:58:01 PM
what do you guys think would be a good price for this car? a price where i "cannot go wrong"? i am thinking of buying this one. i could care less about the rear window plug, the vinyl top is not bad to me, and i want a driver. any suggestions on a good deal price based on the pics?
thanks!
So did you buy it?  I finally got a responce today from him to emails I had sent and he said he was selling it tomorrow.  I was trying to see if he was interested in working a trade with my Coronet RT and had some other questions about the car but never heard back until today.  I had about the same thoughts as you and with my Bird clone taking so long to get time to work on it I felt it would be a good substitute to drive for a while as mine was being worked on.

BigBlockSam

that's one funny looking clone . it looks mismatched to me  :Twocents:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img