News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have a shot of a "correct" hood release assembly?

Started by Mfr426, December 06, 2005, 09:29:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Hello All! I was putting my hood release back on the car and realized that I am missing some bolts and screws. That's what happens when it takes you 10 years to restore a car and you move once. I have a 69 SE.

I am looking for shots of the items on the bottom of the hood.

Anyone know what color the latch, handle, etc should be???

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Mike R in Reading PA

8WHEELER

I sandblast then clear coat the release lever, the striker latch bar stays painted well for awhile.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Mfr426

8wheeler, that's perfect! Thanks! 

That's clear over metal? I like that look and think that's my move as well.

Thanks again.

Mike

runningman

Anyone know if they are selling those little grommets that go in the latch assy?  thanks  matt

Mfr426

Matt, you're reading my mind. I wire brushed right thru mine today! Where in the world are these things available?

Anybody????

Mike R

8WHEELER

I have not seen any, there was a thread on the old site on this to and there was no
luck. You can probably make something that is close. A small black rubber grommet
would work but not look correct.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Mfr426

The only place that I can think of is RT Specialties. I'll call Tom this week. He's a good guy and does a nice job. He ships really fast at reasonable rates too.

runningman

If you come up with anything please let me know, if not I may be able to get a guy at work to machine some out of black teflon.  He could probably get it pretty close.  matt

Mfr426

I never got around to calling Tom at RT but will try to next week. It's been nuts with taking my car to the shop this week followed by the "big storm"...

Mike

runningman

Which grommet do you need?  The one by the pull handle or the one that is on the latch itself?  What color is the one by the handle on yours?  The one in the pic looks white, mine is black. 

Mfr426

69RTSE

I asked Tom of RT Specialties at the Van Nuys Spring Fling in April, earlier this year about those two grommets for the hood release.  He does not have them.

runningman

Mfr426