News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Disk Brake Kit Price Almost To Good To Be True...Opinions Plese

Started by y3chargerrt, December 03, 2005, 10:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

looks like the 73-76 abody disc brake upgrade in a kit.

it depends on where you live, but here, where there simply are not any more old mop's in junkyards, it's a good deal.  I spent at least that much to do that exact swap and I had to scrounge all over the place.

If you live in california or somewhere else where these cars are still being brought down to the junkyard, then you could probably do it cheaper.

the only wildcard here is that is says "all new parts"  I would be concerned with how the spindles and calipers are made.  unless those parts in this particular kit are used and the rest is new....
RECHRGED

71bee

Quote from: dkn1997 on December 03, 2005, 11:30:22 AM

the only wildcard here is that is says "all new parts"   I would be concerned with how the spindles and calipers are made.   unless those parts in this particular kit are used and the rest is new....
yep, ask the seller a few questions on the material used to make the "new" parts. other than that, looks like a purty good deal! :thumbs:

Troy

Yeah, where'd they get the "new" spindles and caliper mounting brackets? I know you can still buy F/M/J spindles so be sure to check it out. Last time I checked, you could buy all of that stuff at the parts store for cheaper if you went with the F/M/J setup - you wouldn't have it all in a kit though. The rotors were the expensive part when I priced it. I think they were about $59 each but everything else was relatively cheap. Buying it all in one spot and having it delivered to the door is much easier than tracking down everything on your own and hoping to get parts that fit.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

dkn1997

I think those spindles have to be new because they mention "stock height" 2x in the description.  Unless the supply of A body spindles is not as dry as I think....If i had it to do over, I would have put the fmj ones on mine.  I searched for over a year around here before I found a set of the  A body spindles.  even then they cost me over 30 bucks each.   again, it's all where you live. anybody who's from Long Island knows that there are very few yards with anything older than 1980 in them.

That absolute worst part of that swap for me was  locating the spindles and caliper brackets.  I also needed the caliper pins for mine and found the last few at a small dealer about 2 hours from home.  the guy at the parts conter said they did not make them anymore.
RECHRGED

y3chargerrt

I sent him an Email. I will post what he responds with here. Thanks Guys!

blue69

Master Power Brakes makes new reproductions of the 73-76 a body spindles http://www.mpbrakes.com/mp51.htm. Thier kit costs $795 with no booster so that price seems really good. I don't think they reproduce the single piston calipers.

'CUDA360

Am I the only one that noticed the ad does not mention it fits 'CUDA, Challenger, Duster and Dart to name a few/

Did I miss something?

Steve P.

Quote from: 360cuda on December 03, 2005, 05:49:37 PM
Am I the only one that noticed the ad does not mention it fits 'CUDA, Challenger, Duster and Dart to name a few/

Did I miss something?

No, it's just that all those came with discs... Maybe not all, but optioned...
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

ChargerBill

That's a hell of a deal either way, but I'm concerned about the "NEW" calim as well, considering that MP Brakes is the ONLY company if heard about manufacturing new spindles. Any new spindle is going to bump the price of that kit WAY up there. Are they seconds maybe? Hot? Chevy parts? I'd want some clarification. If it's legit it's the first time I've seen a kit like this so cheap.
Life is a highway...

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida