News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2nd time on Ebay, I give up!

Started by *, December 03, 2005, 10:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

For the 2nd time in 2 weeks I had my car on Ebay and it didn't sell. Please do not tell me that it is the wrong time of the season because other Chargers are selling for the same or more. Please don't tell me that it is modified because I see plenty of modified Chargers sell on Ebay.
I have seen crap sell that wasn't even near the quality of my car. I am frustrated. Never in a million years did I think selling a Charger would be so hard. Perhaps it is meant to be...... a 10 second car to be!

Rant off
In memory of Craig Denham 2005
-------------------

Chris G.

Wasn't this very same car for sale here for 20K? It went over 20K in your auction. Help me understand???

BTW, was Jude serious about buying, or just shilling for 'ya? :icon_smile_wink:

ChargerBill

How much did the last auction get up to?
Life is a highway...

Quote from: Burnt70R/T on December 03, 2005, 10:16:15 PM
Wasn't this very same car for sale here for 20K? It went over 20K in your auction. Help me understand???

I was told by many people that my price was too low. So I adjusted the price. I was actually told I should ask more like 25k but I had the car at 23k on the first auction. This one was 21,900, so I did go lower.
Like I said, it wasn't meant to be and I am fine with that, I just need to find a way to get into the low 10's.
-------------------

Blown70

Quote from: 493Charger on December 03, 2005, 10:25:41 PM

I was told by many people that my price was too low. So I adjusted the price. I was actually told I should ask more like 25k but I had the car at 23k on the first auction. This one was 21,900, so I did go lower.
Like I said, it wasn't meant to be and I am fine with that, I just need to find a way to get into the low 10's.

Well drop some weight on it... Get a Fiberglass front bumper and hold it on with carbon fiber rod struts.  That will lose a lot of weight there,  How about front end. Could we lose the K-frame and do something.  I will have a set of Strange Front coil overs for sale for a strip car. 

Fiberglass decklid and drop the hinges and go with Dzus on it.  Take all of the unneeded interior out.  ALL.  Heater core gone. Radio gone.

I do not know all about your car but she could lose some weight easy.  Remove the headlights and or most of the head light system.

Also, You want a cheap JAZ racing seat,,,, Light as heck and new/never used!

Tom

694spdRT

If I remember correctly 493Charger wanted to sell the car because he did not want to do all of that modifying to an original R/T.

I missed the auction also so I did not see the ending bid.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

-------------------

Todd Wilson

Its Hemi time!

Todd

Wakko

It seems only a couple thousand under the reserve.  Can you remove some of the expensive items to put towards a "new" car and soften the blow?
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

Steve P.

I'm just trying to sell a cheeeep truck and I've only had 1 call.. 2 of my used car lot buddies are sitting on their asses right now wondering what they are doing for X-mas!!  Nobody is spending shiP in Florida on cars......
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

firefighter3931

Port the heads, roller cam, victor intake, hp 1000cfm carb.....that'll get you into the 10's easy.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Steve P. on December 04, 2005, 12:01:45 AM
I'm just trying to sell a cheeeep truck and I've only had 1 call.. 2 of my used car lot buddies are sitting on their asses right now wondering what they are doing for X-mas!!   Nobody is spending shiP in Florida on cars......

No one is buying anything here in Kansas either. Theres been a nice little VW Rabbit diesel (new engine) for sale locally here and its been for sale 6 weeks.  I figured someone would snatch that little car up to putt around town cheap.

Todd

greenpigs

Is the 20K enough, can't you contact the highest bidder?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

-------------------

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

R2

I would just keep it,,,,,and do what you have to do......

After a while,,,,10's will not seem that fast,,,,and you will want more,,,,Everyone does....and then it will be a quest for a 9 second ride....... :yesnod:

I would put as much glass on it as you can,,,,deck lid, fenders, hood, bumpers,,,Gut' the interior, and put a single race seat in it..,,,,(all of this can be put back on the car if you need to change it back)....

I would also go at the motor,,,,,like Ron said,,,,port the heads,,,new intake,,and change the cam,,,,,,,,that would be low 10's easy.......plus the car would still be a fantastic ride,,,and you already know the car,,,so no surprises....

VFN fiberglass sells all of the pieces you would need,,,,,and you could do the motor work over the winter,,,,and be ready to race in the spring...........

Hope it works out for you............  :icon_smile_wink:

Shakey

You should ask these people if they are interested in your car!

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Shakey on December 04, 2005, 12:07:59 PM

:iagree: Contact that high bidder & see if he's actually interested in the car!
If you were wanting 20K out of it originally, then you've got your asking price & you're both happy...right?

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Quote from: Shakey on December 04, 2005, 12:07:59 PM

If they had been interested I think they would of bought it at 20k. The car was offered here at DC.com before I put it on Ebay.
Like I said, I am fine with it and now I can proceed with what I had planned before, maybe not as radical.
-------------------

Ponch ®

damn...i'd give my left nut for that ride......

wait...you did say u were interested in trades, right? :icon_smile_big:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West