News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How about a video section

Started by Matthan, September 09, 2009, 08:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matthan

How about a video section where people can post videos

Troy

1. Hard Drive Space
2. Bandwidth

Honestly, we're not setup to handle the increased load that hosted videos would impose.  There are currently 96,000+ pictures uploaded to the site. The file size limit is set at 200 KB but videos are generally much larger. As much as I'd like to keep everything "in house" it's better to upload to YouTube or a similar service and directly link or embed the link in a post here.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

beware the sleeper

what about using a youtube account and using the offsite hosting?  since its all original content you could get your  100k views and make some adsense money to help pay for the rest of the site, and it wouldnt add to your bandwidth.

Khyron

Quote from: beware the sleeper on September 18, 2009, 06:33:34 AM
what about using a youtube account and using the offsite hosting?  since its all original content you could get your  100k views and make some adsense money to help pay for the rest of the site, and it wouldnt add to your bandwidth.

it's not possible to add that feature of code into this software. the closest is to incorporate the youtube embed script to the forums and have people upload their content to youtube, then be able to embed it into a post. The problem however is when people can embed in a post you run the risk of several live feeds going off in a thread and locking computers...

Not worth the headache.... but I'll let Troy make that decision... it's his board. I just know about the software ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

69 rt

ok, I have a you tube account and a vidio uploaded. Now, how do I link or embed to this site?