News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What is REAL horsepower?

Started by skip68, December 03, 2005, 04:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

Skip 68, another good item to instaill are Torque Boxes. Buried here some where is a link about them. I have yet to install a set but hope to later on.

Cuda Ken
I am back

skip68

Hey cudaKen, bad news. The 509 cam is in!!!  ::) As for a torque boxes, do you mean converters? I'm going to get another chance on a cam in a 440 :drool5: My freinds parents had a 1968 dodge motorhome and now he has it. It's sat for the last 18--20 yrs.  It's got the 440 still in it and he's hauling it off. He's a cheby guy not mopar, so he said if I want it I could have it.  :2thumbs: He said it was 30 over with a good cam, used a couple of times and parked when his dad died years ago. NOW, I might build a second motor OR, if someone here needs a good year matching 440 I'll give a smoking deal :icon_smile:( I'll probably just hook somebody here up.) Didn't you need another 440 ??? I thought you did or something :shruggy:Oh well, let me know.   Chuck....................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Ghoste

Actually, I think everyone needs another 440.  ;D

cudaken

Chuck, I sort of need a 440. My $7000.00 440 had issues after 90 miles. Engine it self is not turely hurt, pulled it before any thing blew out of the block. Fedual Mogle is starting to work with me on the missed marked piston.

As far as the 509 cam, 440 is not in the car right? Just take your licks, have them pull the cam and get the 528 stick. More than likely you will like the 509, but with out driving a 528 440, well you won't know what you are missing.

Sort of what Neil told me about custom cut push rods.

Cuda Ken
I am back

skip68

Hey Ken, 528 is on the way :boogie: This car better run good, or you better!!! :nana: Just kiding. Well, I guess I'll put the 509 on a shelf til I find a use for it someday. I'll think of something.  THANKS again,  Chuck..................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

cudaken

List it on E-bay Chuck. If you had the money be fun to see what you think of the 509, than go with the 528. I they do yours right, you will love the 528. I was impressed.

Ken
I am back