News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Do Edelbrock heads require special headers?

Started by timinator, December 06, 2005, 02:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timinator

I was planning on putting some Edelbrock heads on my '69 440 Charger. I currently have Heddman 1 3/4" headers. I've heard Edelbrock heads have angled plugs, etc, which may cause a clearance problem with the headers. I know TTI's will work but they're kind of pricey and I'd like to keep what I have or at least go to some Hooker Comps 1 7/8". Anybody have any input?

gonzoe

GTX

I think it depends on which Eddy's you have and which app. I also need to find out someday but not yet.
I'm no expert but I'd go downstairs to the second level (tech) and ask Ron or Chryco and those guys, they know everything!
At least about all I seem to need to ever know  :bow: :2thumbs:

Runner

i have e-heads and headman headers on my bb low deck.  the drivers side has NO issues at all. infact they fit the angle plugs great.  the 3rd ply back on the passenger side needs a 90 degree plug wire. i put a small ding in that tube to give about 14//4 inch to 3/8 clearance to the plug wire boot so it didnt burn.     so my opinion is, they work pretty dang good with them.  i am however upgrading to a set of hookers soon but only because i think my car will be slightly quicker with the larger tubes. but ill bet i have more clearance issues with the hookers!  good luck to you guys!!

!

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

RallyeMike

Check the tech section on exhaust at Moparts and the also the Hooker web site. That being said, some people have made them work.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Ghoste

The infamous and expensive TTI's fit the Eddy heads.  (or is it infamously expensive?)

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Ghoste on December 07, 2005, 04:56:46 AM
The infamous and expensive TTI's fit the Eddy heads.  (or is it infamously expensive?)

Ya get what ya pay for.      I hear about 99% people happy with TTI's once they get them....   and then there's always the crowd of "wah... they cost too much... wah my (insert cheap brand name here) have to be hammered cause they don't fit right ... wah wah wah crowd. 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

dkn1997

I think thallium has hooker super comps on his ehead 440. 
RECHRGED

Runner

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on December 07, 2005, 09:21:52 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 07, 2005, 04:56:46 AM
The infamous and expensive TTI's fit the Eddy heads.   (or is it infamously expensive?)

Ya get what ya pay for.         I hear about 99% people happy with TTI's once they get them....     and then there's always the crowd of "wah... they cost too much... wah my (insert cheap brand name here) have to be hammered cause they don't fit right ... wah wah wah crowd.  

we all have to work with in our budget. 700 bucks is a day at work for some, and its a monthes worth of work for others.   

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

Ghoste

I hear you Brian and my whole reason for throwing "infamous" in there was to prevent a reply about how much money they are.  We all know they're expensive and we all know they fit.