News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It's Official: Mopar Annouces V10 Challenger Drag Pak!

Started by Rustymuscle, October 01, 2010, 12:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rustymuscle

This is AWESOME! Check Out The Pics and Article! Now, They Just Need to Make the Drag Pak Street Legal!
http://www.streetlegaltv.com/news/v10-challenger-drag-pak-announced/

"With the introduction of our new 2011 Mopar Challenger Drag Pak, Mopar will be the only place to get a factory-built V10-powered race-ready drag car," said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group's service, parts and customer-care brand. "Mopar's new Challenger Drag Pak is a race rocket that will appeal to racers, collectors, dealers, and Dodge Viper owners."

Light 'em up!
Kevin Shaw
Editor
Street Legal TV
1969 Dodge Charger R/T, 535ci Wedge, 727 w/ GV, Dana 60
1970 Dodge Super Bee
2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
2005 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT HEMI

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

chargergirl

I'm drooling and Mark will start figuring out how to afford this! Uh oh.
Trust your Woobie!

Bobs69

Chocolate.......peanut butter..... opps you dropped your chocolate into my peanut butter.!!!!

V10........HEMI .......V10.........HEMI......  When will this abvious marriage become obvious to everyone else but me?

Tilar

That's pretty cool. Here is a link to another story,  Drag Pak Challengers Earn First U.S. Nationals Victories

QuoteJeff Teuton, from Houma, LA, became the first-ever Mopar Drag Pak driver to take a win at the U.S. Nationals, driving in the G/Stock Automatic class. Teuton's Mopar 5.9L Magnum V8 engine is one of three engines available for 2009 and 2010 model-year Mopar Dodge Challenger Drag Paks. The other two engines are the 5.7L and 6.1L versions of the HEMI V8. Engine and transmission choices determine a Drag Pak's NHRA classification.

"We did what we came here to do," said Teuton. "We still have another tenth in the car," he added. His best time in the G/SA class is 10.629 seconds, which qualified the car to run in the U.S. Nationals Stock Eliminator event on Saturday.

If those engines are running 10.629, I would think the V10 should drop down into the 9's.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

TruckDriver

Personally, I am not, nor ever have been impressed with the V10's. I have seen small block cars totally kill Vipers with beefed up v10's. And NOT on Pink's or Pass Time (although, there is a good place to see that happen too.)  I also know a few local Mopar guys that hate the V10s.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

BrianShaughnessy

$85,512   :o

On a sidetrip in August to the Nats,  we stopped by a famous engine builder and heard some things about the v8 version drag pack which I saw in person sitting there... along with a pile of parts.    Basically,  it was little more than a drag car kit.     The rear end was a straight bar with some hubs on it ( like a old fwd mopar ).  Car wasn't wired,  it didn't run.

Was told that in addition to the ridiculous price,  it took more than an equal amount to finish the car so somebody could be in the hole for about 6 figures easy.

Meanwhile,  the old ferd rousch offerings were for an actual turn key running vehicle for half the price.    And you can probably buy a camaro for less and strip / upgrade it for less.  

If for $85K you got an actual running vehicle it might be more in the ball park.    It won't be a ball park that I can play in but whatever.

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.