News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How to take the lock cylinder out of the steering column of an 81 Camaro?

Started by sixpack_sid, January 30, 2011, 09:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixpack_sid

Does anyone know how to take the lock cylinder out of the steering column of an 81 Camaro?
Thanks!
Sid
I have seen evil! I have seen horror!
I have seen the unholy maggots which feast in the dark recesses of the human soul!
I have seen all this. But until today, I have never seen such a pain in the ars car like this 68 Charger!

no318

There is a bolt inside that holds the lock cylinder in.  Remove the steering wheel, lock plate, horn cam, and turn signal switch.  Then you can see it.  It is probably a torx head.

Cooter

Just be careful with the little "Switch" that is for the "Dinger"..IT has to be removed BEFORE you can access the Torx bolt that is holding in the ignition lock cylinder...
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Topher

A good pair of needle nose pliers are your friend when removing that switch over the torx screw. While you've got that mush out of the way, you might as well tighten up the screws that hold the tilt stuff together. A long 1/4" drive extension, a chrome swivel, and a 1/4" socket. You can only get to 3 of them.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com