News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

old headlight door vs new?

Started by r4daytona, January 31, 2011, 11:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

r4daytona

What are your opinions/experiences on using original headlight doors? I'm getting my valance and pass. headlight door from Janak. Everytime I talk to him he tries selling me something else. I was going to use my original door on my drivers side and one of his on the pass. side.  He tells me that I will have trouble using my original headlight door because the paint will peel and that I'm better off with two new ones. He said there's something with the old plastic that will cause the paint to chip/peel.  I'm sure some of this is to get me to buy more stuff, but is there any validity to what he says??  Don't get me wrong, he seems like a nice guy and I'm sure more knowledgeable than me but he even said I shouldn't use my steel nosecone because if I'm gonna "drive" the car I'll probably hit something and that would transfer the energy to the rest of the car. Said I should buy one of his nosecones, that what if I hit something it would be easier to fix and that I should hang my steel cone in my garage.  Well what good is having it then!  Anyway, opinions on the headlight door use would be appreciated.

moparstuart

Just use your original hlp door , he's trying to sell you parts .  I have steel parts on my car also . He told me to sell them to someone with a real car and buy his fiberglass stuff .   :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Redbird

Let's see, there are about 1500-2000 cars with original headlights. If there are peeling/cracking headlights maybe check dodgecharger or moparts for posts about that or check the 2 clubs. Or maybe he's trying to sell you parts if you can't find anything those places. What you may find on sources is info about headlight covers being curved from being in the sun/aged. There are some Superbird/Daytona headlight parts on e-bay now (not parts I'm selling).