News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

2011 Lahaska NCPC Show Pics

Started by BananaDan, July 17, 2011, 10:24:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaDan

Here are my pics of yesterday's NCPC show in Lahaska, PA.  It was a great day and lots of great cars were out.  I didn't even make it over into the grassy area where the rest of the older cars were, but I snapped some nice Imperials and 300's.  The link has all of my pics, I'm only posting a few highlights here.

http://s1093.photobucket.com/albums/i432/dstrzelec/2011%20NCPC%20Show%20Lahaska/

My class area:

Bill:

Brian:

A nice survivor 70 500 (I didn't meet the owner unfortunately):

A great Challenger, he likely took second in our class.  It would be a crime if he didn't place.

These were the show stealers for me.  The Gremlin was just flat out cool. But the 300 was an absolute masterpiece.  Best in Show to the 300 in my opinion.

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

twodko

Nice stuff Dan, that's sure a purdy yella 70.  :cheers:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

FlatbackFanatic

Great pics!! Looks like a great day for a show. That 300 is just  beautiful!!! :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

bill440rt

Great pics, Dan!  :2thumbs:

It was a great day for a show. Couldn't ask for better weather.
Lahaska is filled with many nearby shops & restaurants, so it was a great location for a show as well.

The drive there & back was even better. It was the longest I've driven the Charger so far, about an hour each way. Dan & I convoyed to the show together, both cars performed very well and there were thumbs up from other motorists during the whole trip.
Can't wait to go again next year.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bill440rt

Dan, I gotta post this picture of this car.
This is known as the "Keller Car", it is the only known example built. Truly a standout restoration. It is owned by a friend of my godfather & my dad.

"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

randr

Great pics! What's the deal with extinguishers under wheel? :shruggy:
I'm Bored! what to do next......

BananaDan

Quote from: bill440rt on July 17, 2011, 10:08:34 PM
Dan, I gotta post this picture of this car.
This is known as the "Keller Car", it is the only known example built. Truly a standout restoration. It is owned by a friend of my godfather & my dad.

Good call, it was a beauty.  I'm surprised I forgot to post it.
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

bill440rt

Quote from: randr on July 17, 2011, 10:10:49 PM
Great pics! What's the deal with extinguishers under wheel? :shruggy:

You had to have a fire extinguisher visible with your car at all times according to the registration sheet. I keep mine on the floor in the backseat, no one gave me any flack about it though.
:Twocents:

PS - Most "club" sponsored shows these days require you to have a fire extinguisher with your car. The AACA is another. At the very least, it's good insurance to have one in your car anyway at all times.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Nice pics Dan!

Bill you actually drove the driver?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

resq302

Dan,

the 70 chally R/T ended up taking Best in Show.  I knew something was up when they head judge and a member of the Board of Directors came back and were walking between my charger and the chally (which was right next to me) back and forth at least 5 times.  After the awards banquet, the head judge and I were chatting and he said it was the closest point spread they have ever had.  He said it almost came down to a coin toss between me and the challenger since they were so close and pretty much dead even.

One thing that is nice is that if you happen to win a Best of Show award, you are no longer allowed to compete but go into a special Prestige class where they give out special plaques.

Dad was talking to one of the trustees on the board who lives in Rockaway, NJ and there is talk that the National meet next year might be in Northern NJ and that they possibly are looking into starting a Northern NJ chapter as well. 

As soon as I get a chance to unload all the crap from my car that I got at the Fun Auction they had to raise money for the club on Fri night, I will post pics that I took from all over the field.

Thanks for the pics Dan and glad you and Bill had a great time.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

tan top

:coolgleamA:  nice pictures  Dan , thanks for posting  :yesnod: :2thumbs: :cheers:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

bill440rt

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 18, 2011, 05:28:13 AM
Nice pics Dan!

Bill you actually drove the driver?

Yes, Chris!
It was seemingly in it's unnatural habitat: on the road!!  :smilielol: :smilielol:
Driving it was really the best part of the day. It's just about broken in now!  :D

RIDELIKEHELL

Great pics guys! Thx for sharing
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

nascarxx29

Jack Myers orange superbird still going :2thumbs:
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Charger_Dart

Some really nice cars, thanks for sharing  :2thumbs:
68 Charger R/T & 68 Dart GT Convertible

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto