News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Run Auckland New Zealand October 2nd 2011

Started by Bob T, October 06, 2011, 04:38:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob T

Howdy Folks, I put on my annual Mopar Run last weekend, its about an hours drive through the rural countryside from a central meetpoint finishing at a YMCA 60 acre campground with a parkup/show n shine and a few prizes at the bbq afterwards. We had around 35 cars which was ok considering the marginal spring weather, usually closer to 50 is normal

This was the 4th one I have done and is a lot of fun with the people that come along with their cars and families.
Oddly enough though , I had to thumb a ride this year after selling my 68 back in January and the new ride is still around a month away.

The standout car for me was a mate of mines 1960 300F, what a Top Car and then another guy I know came along with his Hemi 300C  :drool5:

On with the pics.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

Some of the Aussie lineup
Yellow is a VJ Hardtop coupe with a Limo loop front bumper on it.
These two are Father and Son , the old boy has the Genuine LLimelight E55 Charger running a stout 400hp 340 built by the son , does mid 13's and the sons VJ 360 Charger is in ctiric Acid colour nearest camera, this was also him and his wifes wedding car
Bronze 71 VH Hardtop Valiant 245

The Gold 71 VH Pacer 265 4 speed won Best Australian , I used to have a Silver one, so a lot of good bias leaning towards that one.
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

doctor4766

Quote from: Bob T on October 06, 2011, 04:38:06 AM
Howdy Folks, I put on my annual Mopar Run last weekend, its about an hours drive through the rural countryside from a central meetpoint finishing at a YMCA 60 acre campground with a parkup/show n shine and a few prizes at the bbq afterwards. We had around 35 cars which was ok considering the marginal spring weather, usually closer to 50 is normal

This was the 4th one I have done and is a lot of fun with the people that come along with their cars and families.
Oddly enough though , I had to thumb a ride this year after selling my 68 back in January and the new ride is still around a month away.

The standout car for me was a mate of mines 1960 300F, what a Top Car and then another guy I know came along with his Hemi 300C  :drool5:

On with the pics.
Some nice looking cars there Bob.
That 300F looks a lot like my mates 300G
Gotta love a '69

Bob T

A few more.
The white 71 Valiant Sedan has a turbo 318 and runs solids 13.3's . Nice . VG Pacer next to it.
440 powered 26? Dodge, just finished and on the maiden voyage, took best early award.
And a 51 Plymouth Cranbrook, pretty sharp
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

Pretty sharp Coronet and the old Newport just rocks .
The people in the Pioneer just drive the wheels off it, I've seen it around heaps of times
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

Fin -o-mania

Hood slightly up on the F to show the Ram setup earlier and I wasnt going to touch it to close it for the shot
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

Rays 69 is 383 powered with a Bumblebee and Pauls 70 500 is also 383 290, painted it himself - real nice job and also has some magnums but goes with the wheelcovers now and then

68 Ragtop Dart GT
RR is 340 and also just finished on the road  
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

The Chrysler 300 is just loaded with options , real nice car and the 2011 Challenger is owned by an fairly old guy who was in a wheelchair, he can drive alright I guess but dosent walk around much, good on him though, might as well have some fun in the twilight years than sit on cash in the bank
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Bob T

Quote from: doctor4766 on October 06, 2011, 04:43:59 AM
Quote from: Bob T on October 06, 2011, 04:38:06 AM

On with the pics.
Some nice looking cars there Bob.
That 300F looks a lot like my mates 300G

Cheers Doc  :2thumbs: , I'd love to own a F or  a G or most nearly any Letter Car, definitely in my Top 5 .
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

charge69

Great pics from there. Looks like you all had a very nice time and enjoyed some very nice cars!

68X426

Kelvin, thanks for sharing. Always appreciated. Dan.  :cheers:

The 12 Scariest Words in the English Language:
We are Here from The Government and
We Want to Help You.

1968 Plymouth Road Runner, Hemi and much more
2013 Dodge Challenger RT, Hemi, Plum Crazy
2014 Ram 4x4 Hemi, Deep Cherry Pearl
1968 Dodge Charger, 318, not much else
1958 Dodge Pick Up, 383, loud
1966 Dodge Van, /6, slow

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

TexasStroker

Very cool, thanks for posting!  You'll have to orchestrate a summer run when your new Mopar shows up and get the extra cars back so you can post again!  Great looking rides!
Founder, Amarillo Area Mopars
www.amarilloareamopars.com
Founder, Lone Star Mopars
www.lonestarmopars.com
Will set-up a regional Charger meet
Contact me for info!

Rubberduck

Thank you for all those beautiful pictures.

Mario
ยด68 Charger, 505 by CWE, 4-speed

Bob T

Cheers Guys, its always a good car day out and one of the best things about it is all the people with kids that come along and enjoy a good cruise and low key day out.

Quote from: TexasStroker on October 07, 2011, 03:11:32 AM
Very cool, thanks for posting!  You'll have to orchestrate a summer run when your new Mopar shows up and get the extra cars back so you can post again!  Great looking rides!

Hell Yes, cant wait, it gets shipped in 6 days . Then about 3 weeks on the boat . Then there will be some pics ,oh yes  :icon_smile_big:

one more of the Mighty 300F, what a Beauty
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

tan top

:coolgleamA:  good lot of pictures !! thanks for sharing BT  :cheers: :cheers: :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html