News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Black Seat Frame Paint - 3rd Gen Chargers

Started by parkerswede, March 06, 2006, 12:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

parkerswede

Am having my front buckets redone with Legendary covers. I need to repaint the exposed metal arms on bottom of seat backs as the black paint is a little rough. What kind of paint should I use and where is the best place to buy it? Thanks as always.

bull

You might call Totally Auto Inc. and ask them: http://totallyautoinc.com/ or Year One. They both have a pretty good supply of factory-correct interior paints. You might have to consult a PPG/Ditzler chart for your year like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1971-PPG-Paint-Chip-CHRYSLER-IMPERIAL_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ34217QQitemZ8041164436QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW) to see what the correct color code is. I believe the interior paints were Ditzler and all the Ditzler codes are on that back side of those color charts like the one I linked from Ebay. Chances are, however, that the supplier you call can figure out the correct color code you need and can match it.

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

haueter66

I believe he means the track.  I used matte black spray bomb.

parkerswede

By arms, I mean the two arms (one on left side, one on right) that come out of the lower portion of the bucket seat backs and bolt around either side of the seat bottom. The seat back hinges on these when you pull them forward to get into the car. Looks  Like same black paint as the tracks.

haueter66

oh

those get covered by the seat back (plastic)

you just need some black vinyl/plastic dye

hemihead

Oh those. There should be plastic Hinge Covers on those so I would just use spray or brush black.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Drop Top

Areas like this is just what POR-15 is good for. Once the seat is covered and installed in the car. Who cares what gloss the paint is. As long as its protected. By the way you can get POR-15 in gloss or simi-gloss.