News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

looking for 1972 vinyl top TRIM

Started by The Boy, November 02, 2011, 02:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Boy

I put this in the swap meet area also but trying here also.  I have a 1972 charger and I'm searching for the trim that breaks the line between the vinyl top and the paint. Does anyone have these trim pieces or can point me in the right direction.

Thank you

Ryan

71_Charger_R/T

billfury

It makes a difference with the belt molding.I came across this with my 72 charger.

The Boy

71_Charger_R/T

Quote from: billfury on November 03, 2011, 07:35:02 AM
It makes a difference with the belt molding.I came across this with my 72 charger.
Just the front corner piece by the bottom of the quarter window (just behind the door) is dependent on the window sill molding. If no wide window sill molding, it also requires an additional skinny piece that runs up the back window sill. I'll see if I can find some pictures if this needs clarification.

The Boy

i think i have the wide, but if you have a picture that would be great.  i don't think the car had a vinyl top originally but i want either a vinyl top or a black painted roof.  not sure if painting it would be correct.  open for input

71_Charger_R/T

I don't think they ever offered a "painted vinyl" roof beyond '69 or '70 as far as "Correct" goes. I better amend my earlier statement that it is just the front corner molding that is different.... the side molding is different if the car has the wide window sill moldings and tapers into that sill molding but if the car is opted without sill moldings the side molding has a front corner piece that turns nearly 170 degrees to accept another trim molding up the quarter window sill.....like this....

as opposed to this... kind of hard to see in this picture but if you google image search this ad you can see it in a larger format possibly.....

The Boy

i think i need the one in the first pic. i tried to put some pics of my car but I'm not good with computers.  if it is the first one where can i get theses pieces.  i have looked all over the net and can only find it for a 1970

billfury

The first picture is with out the belt molding 2nd one is with. :2thumbs:

ACUDANUT

I did not know there is such thing as "wide" and reg trim...Is the wide trim made to snap over the vinyl top ?
For what it's worth I have a extra V (arrow) chrome trim piece for the rear.

Chryco Psycho

I have those pieces back in Canada , might be able to dig them up for you

The Boy

ACUDANUT

The Boy