News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Please post pics of your tail art (differential housing markings)

Started by bull, August 04, 2011, 01:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: bull on August 05, 2011, 05:36:22 PM

Do you have a before pic, Chris?

My "O" looks white and it looks like paint. The "X" is obviously tire chalk/crayon.

No, no before pics since it was repainted a bit already when i got the car.....I just modeled it after some pics I found on line
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

HeavyFuel

mine

Orange dab for sure grip, and the three black dots over white for 3.23 check out, according to the chart posted earlier.

Not sure what "1 22" means, could be an assembly date I suppose.....my car came off the line on 2 Feb 1968, according to the paperwork and all of the scribbling under the hood.

resq302

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

histoy

HeavyFuel.... what year is your car that is pictured here?

maxwellwedge

histoy

My bad.  He said the car is a '68 in one of the pictures.  I believe that the chart he mentioned was for 1970 cars, so I just wanted to verify if it is correct for '68 cars.

Our car is a '68 with a 3.23 Sure Grip rear end.  It has the white stripe, and orange daub, but it doesn't appear to have the 3 black spots on the white stripe, that are shown in Heavy Fuel's picture.

HeavyFuel

Yep....mines a '68.....don't think the rear was ever changed out, so I think the markings are legit.   :2thumbs:

histoy

Do you think that the tail markings vary according to the assembly plant, or were all the B-body rear ends assembled in one plant, then shipped to the different assembly plants?

Bob T

Bull, I didnt realise you had a thread going already, anyway,

This was brought on by bulls reproduction of his factory marks in his build thread. Unfortunately my 68 R/T has a big coat of underseal on it so any history is,  well, lost to history

Anyway, I was under a mate of mines 69 R/T SE this week checking out his new 15 x 10 5''b/sp Magnums and he was laughing about some new stuff he'd never seen before, he has owned the car 11 years and done a full resto number on it but never noticed these before. As far as he knows this is original, I'm inclined to agree

Sooo, there must have been a peacenik working on the line that afternoon in 1969   :icon_smile_big:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

bull

That peace sign is classic. :2thumbs: I would most definitely replicate that one.

Here's my before/after pics by the way. :icon_smile_cool:

Quote from: bull on December 17, 2011, 02:08:09 AM
That peace sign is classic. :2thumbs: I would most definitely replicate that one.

Here's my before/after pics by the way. :icon_smile_cool:

Why does there appear to be brush strokes in the black paint ?

bull

That's the most logical explanation...  Stupid question I know, but unless I'm missing something that's like painting the Mona Lisa with a spray can   :scratchchin:

bull

Quote from: 440 on December 17, 2011, 10:10:02 AM
That's the most logical explanation...  Stupid question I know, but unless I'm missing something that's like painting the Mona Lisa with a spray can   :scratchchin:

Our moderator, Chris, recommended I use a certain kind of paint that is applied with a brush. And since I didn't want to pay to have it powder-coated, and didn't have a good place to spray it, I figured his recommendation would work for me. Unless you're really close to it you can't tell it's been brushed on.

bull

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on August 04, 2011, 08:06:16 PM
Quote from: maxwellwedge on August 04, 2011, 07:45:31 PM
Looks like most of a B.  It means B-Body.

I have 70 E-Bodies (for instance) that have F E on them.....F= F Series (1970) and the E for E-Body. 69 seemed to use the B for B-Body.

Yes - This should go in the drivetrain section.
:2thumbs:
Thanks.  :icon_smile_big:

This is the drivetrain section. It doesn't get more drivetrain than "Engine, Transmission, Rearend, & Exhaust." Did it get moved here?