News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird hood help

Started by FJ5WING, January 26, 2012, 02:25:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FJ5WING

I just came back from the shop and the guys want to know if they should correct a portion of the hood. Ill try and explain in words what didnt show up in pictures.

The leading edge between the outter two(for lack of better verbage) ears, there is about a 1/2 inch deep( deep as in going towards the rear of the hood) area that slants down. the degree of slant is almost un-noticeable but it is consistant and runs the full width between the two upsweep corners that help to blend into the fender points.

Does anyone understand what Im trying to explain, and if so is it supposed to be there?  Im leaning towards letting them leave it as the hood to nose alignment is pretty good. :-[

wingless now, but still around.

62 Max

:nono:  Don't let them touch it,it's supposed to be that way.

moparstuart

they do dip if thats what your talking about   :shruggy:
  the area where the welding hose is laying is quite a bit lower 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

WINGIN IT

Quote from: FJ5WING on January 26, 2012, 02:25:52 PM
I just came back from the shop and the guys want to know if they should correct a portion of the hood. Ill try and explain in words what didnt show up in pictures.

The leading edge between the outter two(for lack of better verbage) ears, there is about a 1/2 inch deep( deep as in going towards the rear of the hood) area that slants down. the degree of slant is almost un-noticeable but it is consistant and runs the full width between the two upsweep corners that help to blend into the fender points.

Does anyone understand what Im trying to explain, and if so is it supposed to be there?  Im leaning towards letting them leave it as the hood to nose alignment is pretty good. :-[

No, but I'm a visual person.. need some pics, even hand drawn to know what someone is trying to describe.
If not , go with what these are saying and don't touch it , unless you know the hood has been messed with .

62 Max

What he is refering to is the first 1/2" of the front leading edge on the hood.There is a noticable drop,about the width of the crimped front edge that is folded under.

FJ5WING

Thanks 62Max,
I was pretty certain it was factory as it looked perfect.  ;)
Stuart,
Thanks bud! I think you know what I was talking about.  :D

Wingin it,
Sorry the pics dont show anything and Im not drawing nuttin! :nana:

WINGIN IT

You mean the slight dip where the arrows are pointing?

moparstuart

Quote from: WINGIN IT on January 27, 2012, 08:31:08 AM

that is all contoured to match the nose

WINGIN IT

Quote from: moparstuart on January 27, 2012, 10:44:26 AM

that is all contoured to match the nose

Right that's what I thought, but wasn't sure if this is what FJ5Wing was talking about. 

Trying to educate myself as well here...

moparstuart

Lighthorseman

Stuart - That's a great picture...really shows the Coronet origins of the hood.   :2thumbs:

moparstuart

Quote from: Lighthorseman on January 27, 2012, 05:47:30 PM
Stuart - That's a great picture...really shows the Coronet origins of the hood.   :2thumbs:
yup ran across it by accident and though the same thing so i post it

FJ5WING

Im not referring to the indicated arears. Im talking about the portion of the hood between the two arrows. Its only about 1/2" deep and is straight across between the two dips. Of course other than the center peak.