News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1999 And 2000 Dodge Ramcharger From Mexico

Started by LeeBoy, May 18, 2008, 08:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeeBoy

My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)

The Kid

They come up on eBay from time to time. Other than that, you'll probably have to go to Mexico.

PA Dodger

I saw one about 4 years ago while at the Mopar Nats. The group in the campsite next to us had one. They were from Texas. It was pretty sweet.
'69 Charger / '69 Dart convertible/ '74 Cuda

bull

I've never understood why there's no four door version of that to compete against the full size GM and Ford SUVs in the US. :shruggy:

ramit

I agree Dodge really needs a full size SUV.  I know that I would buy one, in fact I have a Dodge Ram now and have considered a Yukon Denali just because it suits my needs better.  I just can't get myself to get rid of my truck.

89MOPAR

I have a friend who has owned a Durango for years and absolutley loves it but is torn because now his family is bigger and he thinks he needs more space, so he is considering a Chev Suburban.
  I told him to get a Sprinter Van  and cram it full of seats....
77 Ram-Charger SE factory 440 'Macho' package
03 Ram Hemi 4x4 Pickup
Noble M400
72 Satellite Sebring Plus +

Ponch ®

Quote from: ramit on May 19, 2008, 11:30:40 AM
I agree Dodge really needs a full size SUV.  I know that I would buy one, in fact I have a Dodge Ram now and have considered a Yukon Denali just because it suits my needs better.  I just can't get myself to get rid of my truck.

i think that's what the Durango was supposed to be.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Fitz73Chrgr

I saw one in Chicago last May.  Made me do a double-take.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

greenpigs

Quote from: The Kid on May 18, 2008, 09:08:43 AM
They come up on eBay from time to time. Other than that, you'll probably have to go to Mexico.

X2

Was one on a few weeks ago, red & in Texas.

I would buy a new one if they made it, but it better get more than 13 MPG highway.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

greenpigs

:yesnod:

Sorry I removed the link as it was still logged in my ebay account. A 2001 didn't sell for $4050 was the link.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

chargerboy69

She did not bring much.

I guess it just goes to show even it is rare, does not mean it is worth much cash.

Not a bad looking truck.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

stripedelete

Quote from: bull on May 19, 2008, 02:07:31 AM
I've never understood why there's no four door version of that to compete against the full size GM and Ford SUVs in the US. :shruggy:

I remember them talking about it and seeing some type of prototype.  I think not doing a full size SUV was part of the "not going head to head" strategy of the time.  The idea was Durango (like the Dakota) would appeal to buyers who wanted something a little smaller AND those who wanted somthing a little larger.

Todd Wilson

I wonder what the reason is. You would think they go to the expense of design and tooling to build the vehicle they could sell it in the USA. I wonder what the safety standards are on those vehicles and also I wonder if the emission stuff is different. I havent had enough coffee yet this morning to remember the name but isnt  a manufacturer allowed so many emission points per year and each vehicle counts for so many points?!?!

I think theres also been many various diesel versions of their cars in Europe getting tremendous MPG but the USA wouldnt allow those engines.

Todd

greenpigs

Could be all the trucks they sell is the reason it was not sold state side?
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

LeeBoy

Wow I can't believe this thread got revived. Glad to see there is more interest in a full sized SUV from Dodge
My 68 Charger build http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,41318.0.html
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, 2005 HEMI Ram( totaled with only 27,000 miles on it!), 1977 Power Wagon (Sold), 1977 Plymouth Trailduster, 1974 360 Cuda, 1973 Satellite Sebring Plus, 1973 D200 Adventurer Sport, 1968 Charger (sold), 1965 Dart (sold)