News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Superbird WIW

Started by n9671x2, May 25, 2012, 06:40:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arnie Cunningham

I have received calls from three people looking to buy/sell Superbirds in the past six months.
Two of those cars were 6 Pack 4 speed cars.  One of those people ended up with a 4 bbl car.
The sale that went through was for a car of comparable condition to yours - low mileage, numbers
Matching, nice car.  The final price was 85,000.  Keep in mind that this was a private sale from a long
time owner to a very sincere buyer who had wanted a winged car all his life.  The slightly lower price
was partly due to the seller wanting the car to go to someone who appreciated it - and for the car to stay with that person.
An appraisal for insurance values will probably put your car in the $125,000 range.  If you find someone who will provide a good home for the car and is willing to pay over 100K, I would take it.
Values may come up over the next couple of years if you are willing to wait a bit.
The 4 bbl cars are selling in the 65 to 90 range for nice average cars in private and semi-private sales.
The auctions are anyone's guess but may be worth a try if you're are feeling lucky.  You might make twice that 100k number.
Brennan R. Cook RM23U0A169492 EV2 Manual Black Buckets Armrest 14" Rallyes
Arnie Cunningham was the Plymouth obsessed youth in the novel/movie Christine.
Brcook.com contains the entire NASCAR shipping list of Superbirds sorted by VIN and a number of other pages dedicated to production information.

n9671x2

Really appreciate all the opinions and comments.  I agree that it is some what hard to put a value on them when as mentioned you have auction sales all over the board.  Busy enough with life that I don't see myself taking it to an auction, I would like to think it would bring the 100k or so I think it may be worth.  As Arnie said, you just never know where it may end up if the timing is right.  Now I have to find time to get it out of my friends storage !

Beep Beep Dave

I think your car has a lot going for it. That's what I would want a bench seat 4-speed Six Barrel car. The known history is another big plus. Personally I would take an original sheetmetal car over matching engine but I think I am in the minority.

I think it would be + or - 100k depending on how good those rear quarters and metal work was done.

Sure is a nice problem to have 440+6 4-speed Superbird!

Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T