News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SUPERBIRD BUILD SHEET FOR SALE ON EBAY ! !

Started by 70phoenix, August 02, 2012, 10:32:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70phoenix

Just ran across this ebay listing Item number: 251121407011.  Guy claims its a original superbird broadcast/build sheet. 

Aero426

Looks to be real.   The car was reported to Winged Warriors many years ago.   It is probably out there.   

Ghoste

Then hopefully through this they are somehow re-united.

fc7cuda

Sheet looks too nice to be real IMO and taken out of car 40 years ago?????  Worth further investigation if car own is interested... :Twocents:

Tom

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Aero426

Quote from: fc7cuda on August 02, 2012, 07:31:21 PM
Sheet looks too nice to be real IMO and taken out of car 40 years ago?????  Worth further investigation if car own is interested... :Twocents:

Tom

Not every car out there was treated poorly.  My Superbird has very nice looking build sheets.   

Old Moparz

Quote from: Aero426 on August 02, 2012, 08:15:15 PM

Tom

Not every car out there was treated poorly.  My Superbird has very nice looking build sheets.   

I agree. There were 3 sheets in my '71 Scamp & 2 of them were in excellent shape. Other than having a crease from being folded, one was almost like new.
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

C5X DAYTONA

Caution.... Low flying aircraft.

tan top

looks too new to me     even if its  been  taped behind glove box or not  :Twocents:    :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Ghoste

It does look pretty nice.  I've seen some that were incredibly well preserved though as well as some that crumble just by looking at them.  Either way, I don't think I've owned an old Mopar EVER that still had one in it. :lol:  I'd love to get a sheet at one extreme or the other just once.

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Ghoste on August 04, 2012, 04:07:52 PM
It does look pretty nice.  I've seen some that were incredibly well preserved though as well as some that crumble just by looking at them.  Either way, I don't think I've owned an old Mopar EVER that still had one in it. :lol:  I'd love to get a sheet at one extreme or the other just once.

It's been my experience as well for the most part, but when I've struck gold it's been more than one broadcast sheet every time.

Ebay sheet does look well preserved, the tape up on top not so much.

pettybird

Quote from: Aero426 on August 02, 2012, 08:15:15 PM

Tom

when did you guys take them out of the car?  when did you realize they were there?  just trying to figure out when someone said 'heyyy...this might be important.'

Old Moparz

When I first started getting into the hobby in the early 80's, I parted cars back then. The oldest at that time was a 1970 Charger, & the newest was a 1973 New Yorker. This puts them at roughly 10 to 12 years old, which leaves them in much better shape than a 42 year old car, especially the interiors. That's 30+ years less of the sun drying things up, or water leaking inside, or some other form of aging. I didn't save any build sheets back then even though I remember seeing them. I didn't care what they were, but some people did & saved them.

I once bought a 1966 Sport Fury from the original owner who had saved everything, including receipts for tail light bulbs changed in the 1960's. This person probably never had a reason to remove the seats or the glove box, but I would bet that if they did & discovered a build sheet, they'd have saved & preserved it. I'm not saying that the Superbird one on ebay has to be real, it could easily be a fake, (especially with that guy on Moparts who sells what he claims to be blank originals & has the correct font to print what you need) only that it's possible that it was removed & saved 40 years ago & may be legit.

The sheets from my 1971 Scamp were found when I pulled the interior before bringing it to the body shop around 1994. One under the rear seat in the springs, one under the front carpet, & I forget where the 3rd was. This is a car that I bought in 1988 from the 2nd owner that had 42,000 miles on it. It was clean, no rust, mint interior, & had been garage kept most of it's life. At 23 years old I was surprised at the condition of the paper of the build sheets. Other than the 4 year stretch that this car was my daily driver, it's been garage kept.

I'll have to go find the build sheets & scan them.  :icon_smile_big:
               Bob                

I Gotta Stop Taking The Bus

69daytona

The build sheet on John's Daytona which he found behind the rear seat is the original from the day I drove it off the Dealers show room floor 42+ years ago.  I just wished John had contacted me about the car a year or two sooner than he did as I still had the window sticker at that time.