News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone ever seen one of these?

Started by hatersaurusrex, January 27, 2013, 03:00:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatersaurusrex

I went out to change the turn signal switch in my CJ7 and assumed it would be pretty straightforward to get the steering wheel off.   It has a security quick-release with 4 torx bits exposed.   Problem is, when I go to turn them, all 4 spin freely in both directions.     Anyone ever used one of these that can tell me how to get the dang thing off?   No idea what brand (assuming it's Grant like the wheel) but can't find one or its instructions anywhere on the web.

20130127_143725 by tecmotimes, on Flickr

20130127_143717 by tecmotimes, on Flickr
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Just 6T9 CHGR

I have seen the Grant security wheel before but never installed/removed one....good luck!!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

rt green

i wonder if you could spin them loose with an air gun.
third string oil changer

rt green

can you turn it to the opening on the left side and get a wrench in the opening to hold the nut? 
third string oil changer

b5blue

Try prying the center section back away from the black ring, I think it's spring loaded.  :scratchchin:

hatersaurusrex

Figured it out.   The little c-shaped cutouts around the black plate are access holes for some allenheads that are buried down in the dark.    Just need a standard allen wrench to get to them but it's getting dark here so that's next weekend's project.

Thanks for the responses guys.   I finally found the instructions and I'll post the link here in case anyone else runs into this:

http://grantproducts.com/products/view/219
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70