News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tail Pipe Hangers - 69 Charger

Started by garywi, August 04, 2005, 05:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garywi

At one time, someone removed my stock tail pipe hangers and tips.  I am trying to put these back together stock.

I have the Year One tail pipe hangers.  Does someone have a pic that shows how they attach to the frame rail?

Thanks!

Just 6T9 CHGR

The chrome tip hangers get bolted to the frame rails.  One end has a tab that "hooks" into a hole in the rail while the other side has a hole for a bolt.

If you look at this pic you will see the bolts/brackets to the left/right center of each chrome tip

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

8WHEELER

Yes and that steel hanger has a rubber insert that the hook looking flat bar
on your exhaust tip fits into, and that is the only hanging clamp until you get
to the back of your mufflers.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

garywi

Thanks man for the pic.  I looked at it a while and figured out it was not of a 69 Charger.  The Charger has a metal piece bolted to the frame rail in those last two holes in the rear frame.  How does the hanger fit with this piece?  If it was'nt 11 at night, i would go out and take a pic.  Anyone know what i am talking about?

Thanks!

8WHEELER

Those brackets are not used on cars with chrome tips and are not needed.

Dan

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 8WHEELER on August 05, 2005, 12:29:38 AM

Dan

Your right that pic is from a Coronet R/T  (best I could find at the time)

Dan, those brackets ARE needed when you have chrome tips.   They actually provide the notch for the other end of the tip mount........Charger specific only
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Shakey

Here are some pics.  Some are from members, some from other sites.  Hope they help you.

smasherofall

8WHEELER

Quote from: 6T9_CHARGER_RT on August 05, 2005, 05:40:16 AM
Quote from: 8WHEELER on August 05, 2005, 12:29:38 AM

Dan

Your right that pic is from a Coronet R/T   (best I could find at the time)

Dan, those brackets ARE needed when you have chrome tips.     They actually provide the notch for the other end of the tip mount........Charger specific only

:brickwall:  Well I sit corrected yep they are on charger's, I know my 70 Superbee did not have them
maybe I spent more time under that car putting in a new trunk pan and thats what came to mind oh well  :frog:

Dan

Just 6T9 CHGR

The hanger bracket in that pic is upside down!    The notch is supposed to be inserted into the other bracket.....

Nice pics by the way!
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

8WHEELER

Hear is my wifes all original tips, bad angle though.

Dan

garywi

The board is great.  I can always count on great people, helpin me out.  Thanks!