News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can I get 727 front seal, new pan gasket and rear seal at dealer?

Started by Mfr426, February 20, 2006, 08:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mfr426

Hello all, I was wondering if I can get these parts at my local Mopar dealer? My buddy says that they have a new trans pan gasket that has metal sandwiched in it and requires no sealant. Can I still get these parts?

Thanks all!

Shakey

Hey Mike,

When I am looking for a part for my car, the first place I look is the dealer.

Get the proper part # from your parts book and then use Parts Voice.  http://www.partsvoice.com/

This will give you an idea if the number is still active or not and whether anyone has any in stock.  Sometime the #'s get superceded and you come up blank.  Call the dealer anyways.

I bough a few seals for my car, one of them for the 727.  As usual, all of my car info is at my office.

Mfr426

Thanks Shakey, I'll call my buddy tomorrow. I'd much rather get the OEM parts...

Mike

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Plumcrazy

Quote from: Mfr426 on February 20, 2006, 08:10:10 PM
My buddy says that they have a new trans pan gasket that has metal sandwiched in it and requires no sealant. Can I still get these parts?

Thanks all!

That's a great pan gasket.  It seals very well and it's reusable.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Mfr426

Thanks Chris. My buddy bought the new gasket for his 68 RT and could not say enough about how well it works.

I guess P/N's for the seals would be er ehem....pushing it?

;D

Just 6T9 CHGR

That I couldnt help you with.....

Our resident transmission guru Mr John Kunkle could help you out.

Send him a PM
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mfr426

I went right to the source at lunch and got the new pan gasket ($11.00) the rear tail seal (like $12.00 if I remember) and the front input seal will be in tomorrow. The total was about $37.00. It think that's very fair for OEM parts.

Friday afternoon will be a R & R of the tranny. I've got one hell of a front seal leak so I'm doing a half day and my buddy is helping me rip it out, put in the new seals and put it back in...

Thanks all!