News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Subframe connectors

Started by dkn1997, June 20, 2007, 05:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkn1997

I am putting subframe connectors in my 68.  I am torn between the UScartool type that weld to the floor, or just getting a set that bolts in and then taking it somewhere to have it welded. 

Since I don't own a welder, and I am at the mercy of someone who can,  I need some input to make my decision: 

1.  How much would it cost to have the US cartool units welded in (Long Island NY)
2.  where would I take it (maybe mike knows, I think he just had an XV set of connectors done to mr angry)
2.  Or would it just be easier to just bolt in a set and take them to the local guy and have him weld them.  (I don't know that I would trust this guy to to the us cartool ones, more finesse involved.  He fixed the snowplow on my pickup once and to say it was not "neat" would be an understatement)

Funny thing is that I had my mind made up to get the US cartool connectors and have my friend do them. (he has a mig, but has never done a set) then I called Mancini to order them and the guy did all he could to talk me out of them and to bolt in a set and have someone weld them....wierd

RECHRGED

jasonfromIKILLYA

I talked to XV about all of this on monday this week.  They will install all level one components (that includes the sub frame connectors) in their showroom in Irvington.
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

autodynamics

i have a guy he's located in deer park and another in linderhurst. let me know if you need help. the deer park guy is my auto body guy he's doing mine next week. i have us car tool ones. the other guy is more than capable of doing it also. keep in mind they must be welded in with all the weight on the vehicle. pete

41husk

What is the difference in price on the bolt in unit?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

dkn1997

Quote from: autodynamics on June 20, 2007, 08:13:04 PM
i have a guy he's located in deer park and another in linderhurst. let me know if you need help. the deer park guy is my auto body guy he's doing mine next week. i have us car tool ones. the other guy is more than capable of doing it also. keep in mind they must be welded in with all the weight on the vehicle. pete

How much are they charging you?  also, do you have numbers for them? 

If you are the guy that I think you are, we met last year.  You sold me a set of underdrive pulleys from mr angry's charger?  or am I totally off and thinking about someone else?  you have the purple dart?

thanks, Kevin
RECHRGED

Troy

Quote from: dkn1997 on June 20, 2007, 09:11:38 PM
Quote from: autodynamics on June 20, 2007, 08:13:04 PM

How much are they charging you?  also, do you have numbers for them? 

If you are the guy that I think you are, we met last year.  You sold me a set of underdrive pulleys from mr angry's charger?  or am I totally off and thinking about someone else?  you have the purple dart?

thanks, Kevin
Different guy. This is his car:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

dkn1997

I think I have him confused with gmachinedartgt over on moparts...anywho, still want those digits!!!
RECHRGED

autodynamics

hey dkn1997 where are you locatedon the island

dkn1997

I live in Coram, and work in Islandia
RECHRGED

autodynamics

do you go out to bald hill at all? i was there on tuesday with mike MR angry. maybe you can meet us at crab tree or another event.

dkn1997

I have not been to bald hill in a while, but I will get up there this summer.  I was thinking of doing the sunday morning OBI.  Mike told me about it last year.   

what is crabtree?  sounds intriguing....
RECHRGED

autodynamics

NYCMille

Kevin - I'm totally up for Sunday morning, infact I may be staying out in Port Jefferson on Sat. and I'll have the Charger there - shoot me you # and I'll call you and we'll roll out together.

cheers - Mike

Ghoste

Quote from: dkn1997 on June 20, 2007, 05:45:54 PM
...then I called Mancini to order them and the guy did all he could to talk me out of them and to bolt in a set and have someone weld them....wierd

As much as I like Mancini's, this probably has more to do with them not selling John Paseman's connectors than any other reason.  Who were you talking to there and what was their reason?

dkn1997

I don't know who the guy was.  His reason was not going through that much work to install them. since the ones he recommended just attach to the T bar crossmember and the rear framerail, no welding up the full length of the connector, no scraping off my factory undercoating, etc...

he also said that the US cartool connectors were for stock type builds where you wanted it to look like the factory would have....sounds strange to me.  I would think that if someone were doing a stock type resto that these connectors would not be on the wish list.

Mike, you have a PM. 

and Crabtree?  wow!! that place has come a long way since I used to go there sporting a mullet in the 80's
RECHRGED

472 R/T SE

Another advantage to the two point connect ones is you won't have to pull both seats and carpet. 

dkn1997

I was thinking that too, but I already bought a new carpet, so what the hell?  My friend has a mig and he's down with trying, so worst case is I end up taking it somewhere after we F it up.

also,thinking about the sunday morning cruise, did you guys mean Captree?  sounds right since you have to go right by the captree boat basin and over the Captree bridge to get to the old OBI.  I am down, my brotherinlaw and I are going in an hour or so.  He's got a new vette so that ride there should be fun.  him at 3000rpm 85mph, and me at 3000 rpm 60mph....gotta love the 3.91's
RECHRGED