News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear Shock mounting pad

Started by flashley18, January 16, 2006, 09:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flashley18

In the process of removing the rear suspension and axle I broke of the stud for the lower passenger side shock mount.  Where can I get a new pad or can this one be repaired??

Just 6T9 CHGR

Mancini Racing has them new or you can find them on ebay all the time.......

http://store.yahoo.com/chucker54/respshmopl.html
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

flashley18

I did not think they would be that high.  I guess I'll check E-Bay.  Can't believe I broke it.  Thanks for the reply.

Chryco Psycho

flashley18

Thanks -

I'll check with the dealership.

Chryco Psycho

firefighter3931

You don't have to replace the entire mount. The old stud can be cut off and a new stud installed in it's place. Magnum hp carries these for $14.99 ea. See link

Ron

http://www.magnumhp.com/drivesusp.php#
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Shakey

Chryco Psycho

they do not show the studs in the pictures , possibly the studs are included .......or not

Shakey

I noticed that the ones from the factory way back when came with studs welded in place.  I'd like to find those.  Any ideas other than Mitchell Motor Part$?

Chryco Psycho

wreckers ?
the factory was welded in place

Shakey

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on February 20, 2006, 10:23:53 PM
wreckers ?
the factory was welded in place

That was my next step.

I have one good one and one where the stud has either rusted or broke.  Ultimately I would have like to have exact replacments but no such luck.  I am heading out Wednesday to pick up a set from a somewhat local yard.

It turns out I need a new spring seat also as it looks as though some salt had been sitting in there for a number of years.  I know I can buy replacements but I'll pick up the housing and switch everything over as the metal may be "soft" from rust around the seat.

I was quoted $150.00 CDN for a 8 3/4 housing and $50.00 CDN for a pair of shock mounting plates.  He might even have the proper Bendix brake booster for me.  That would be a bonus.

I'll post some pics when I pick these things up and get them home.