News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dash paint on a green 69

Started by C500, August 20, 2013, 05:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

Where do you source the correct paint for the dash? Car is F8 green, dash paint is also green  :shruggy:

:popcrn: :popcrn: :cheers:
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Brock Lee

I can't help with spray bombs. If you have access to real spray equipment, I use www.autocolorlibrary.com. It is at the bottom of page 2's chip chart. "Bayou Green Poly" in a suede finish (that is the texture). I ordered acrylic lacquer as it is what is correct. I am not sure if they mix the other finishes in the suede finish. Be sure you point out when ordering you need the suede finish. A quart of tan ran me around $60 after shipping. After reduction, that would equal about a dozen spray cans as spray can paints are reduced more than usual and have a significant amount of propellant in the can. The paint I received is 100% dead on to original in color and texture.

C500

"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

buckeyecharger

Hey thanks fellows!! I was needing the same information, just hadn't posted the question yet. Now I know for when I'm ready!  :cheers:

C500

Brock, what paint did you use for the dash frame?

Brock Lee

The paint was

Acrylic lacquer (in my case I needed tan, so I got the Buckskin Tan 23076) mixed to the suede finish. I had to deal with them in emails to get it 100% straight as the online form left out information. Once it was clear, they processed the order and my paint was here in about a week.