News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

A Pillar trim

Started by flathead1946, August 15, 2013, 02:23:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flathead1946

What do i install first the A Pillar trim piece or the header/top interior windshield metal trim. thanks in advance

Brock Lee

If your A pillar plastic is all intact, it goes in before any of the metal headliner trim as it has tabs that go under both windshield and side metal headliner trim.

bull

Quote from: Brock Lee on August 15, 2013, 04:14:02 PM
If your A pillar plastic is all intact, it goes in before any of the metal headliner trim as it has tabs that go under both windshield and side metal headliner trim.

Correct. People trying to remove the plastic trim without removing the metal headliner trim is how the plastic got "un-intact" in the first place.

VegasCharger

Quote from: bull on September 05, 2013, 09:50:19 PM
Quote from: Brock Lee on August 15, 2013, 04:14:02 PM

Correct. People trying to remove the plastic trim without removing the metal headliner trim is how the plastic got "un-intact" in the first place.

So true! No patience = a lot of busted A-Pillar trim pieces at the flanges = pay out the ass for new repos :brickwall:

Is it that hard to remove these  :brickwall:. At least loosen the outer screws on the windshield headliner trim so that you can slide out the A-pillar trim  :brickwall:

Dino

That's nothing, wait till some bozo tries to remove a grille without removing the bumper first.   ::)
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: Dino on September 06, 2013, 07:10:12 AM
That's nothing, wait till some bozo tries to remove a grille without removing the bumper first.   ::)

I was almost that bozo lol... :rofl:

el dub

Hate to hijack but I'm going to be at this spot pretty soon. Does the A pillar go on before the dash goes in? Or after? thanks.  lw
entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem

Dino

Quote from: el dub on October 15, 2013, 10:18:11 AM
Hate to hijack but I'm going to be at this spot pretty soon. Does the A pillar go on before the dash goes in? Or after? thanks.  lw

After.  Dash first, then headliner, then windshield and A pillar followed by metal trim.

Quote from: 1974dodgecharger on October 14, 2013, 09:40:59 PM
Quote from: Dino on September 06, 2013, 07:10:12 AM
That's nothing, wait till some bozo tries to remove a grille without removing the bumper first.   ::)

I was almost that bozo lol... :rofl:

'Almost' saved you, many can't use that excuse.   :2thumbs:   :lol:

twodko

Repop pillar trim set.............$150!!!! Ask questions first, always.  :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

el dub

Dino

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: twodko on October 15, 2013, 10:41:22 AM
Repop pillar trim set.............$150!!!! Ask questions first, always.  :Twocents:

Thank god mine was saved in the trunk and found it when I was putting everything back together.

el dub

Quote from: Dino on October 17, 2013, 02:21:03 PM
Quote from: el dub on October 15, 2013, 10:48:49 AM
Thanks Dino! lw

You're welcome!

Let us know how it goes.

I will. I just got it back from the paint shop today so the dash is next.

six-tee-nine

Well I removed my a pillar trim perfectly without a scratch till one of them sled out of my hands while carrying them away with other stuff. The instant it hit the ground it cracked clean in half in the middle.
So dont dance to soon when you remove stuff in one piece.

I guess its fixable since its a clean crack and they need redying anyway so maybe I can "buff it out"....
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Dino

Quote from: six-tee-nine on October 22, 2013, 11:55:28 AM
Well I removed my a pillar trim perfectly without a scratch till one of them sled out of my hands while carrying them away with other stuff. The instant it hit the ground it cracked clean in half in the middle.
So dont dance to soon when you remove stuff in one piece.

I guess its fixable since its a clean crack and they need redying anyway so maybe I can "buff it out"....

Get the best CA glue you can find and use only a thin amount so it doesn't squeeze out over the texture part.  Once it's reattached, you can use the thin glue to fill the gaps slowly.  If any of the textured creases fill, open them up with a dull knife or an 'els'.  You're Belgian, you know what it is.   :icon_smile_big:

Take your time with this and you will have none or only limited prep to make the outside look like new.  Forget fillers, you'll end up with lat spots visible a mile away.