News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

finally

Started by Bandit72, March 03, 2006, 05:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bandit72

well i just got done driving my charger for the first time (for any sort of distance) it was great...got lots of thumbs up and looks...and the 400 ran great...even has alittle more power than i figured it would cause everyones always putting down the 400...

later  :icon_smile_cool:
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

rare69

congrats. I'm jealous as hell! enjoy the ride.

Blakcharger440

Cool! Its always great when you can get a project back on the road again.

Shakey

Very cool!   :thumbs:

Hopefully I'll be able to do that sometime this summer.

Post some pics of the car.

BigBlockSam

very cool , how long did it take you to settle down. the first long ride is stressful. one eye on the temp gauge, the other eye watching all the others. your ears are listening for any strange noises and after a while you get some confidence in your ride and you settle down and start listening to the tunes.

Yea good times
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

TruckDriver

Quote from: Bandit72 on March 03, 2006, 05:58:01 PM
the 400 ran great...even has alittle more power than i figured it would cause everyones always putting down the 400...

400s dont get the credit they deserve because they are not a 383 or a 440. And they are the beginning  of the smog engines. I used to have a friend who had a '76 Monco 4 door that would wipe the paint off just about any other car around. On a semi regular basis, we had the car up to around 130-140 on the farm roads. Hard to believe those big cars get light at those speeds :P
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Bandit72

Quote from: BigBlockSam on March 04, 2006, 12:24:00 AM
very cool , how long did it take you to settle down. the first long ride is stressful. one eye on the temp gauge, the other eye watching all the others. your ears are listening for any strange noises and after a while you get some confidence in your ride and you settle down and start listening to the tunes.

Yea good times

it took me about an hour or 2 of driving around town before i felt really comfortable with it....later last night i ended up finally takin it 8 miles out of town to my buddys farm and it ran like a champ the entire way...carries good oil pressure, runs at a nice temperature no strange noises or vibration...this is great  :icon_smile_big:

later  :icon_smile_cool:

Johnny SixPack

Sweet!  :icon_smile_cool:

Shakey's right, yah definitely gotta post some pix.  :yesnod:
Johnny's Herd:
'69 Charger SE, '70 Charger R/T SE 496 Six Pack, '72 Chrysler Imperial LeBaron, '74 International Scout II, '85 Ford F-250 Diesel, '97 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." - Gen. George S. Patton Jr.

"If its got tits or tires, you're going to have trouble with it." - Unknown

Got Dodge Fever? There's only one cure.....Charger!

BigBlockSam

i love it when a plan comes together   :2thumbs:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Bandit72

Quote from: Shakey on March 03, 2006, 08:11:19 PM
Very cool!   :thumbs:

Hopefully I'll be able to do that sometime this summer.

Post some pics of the car.

here's the only pics i have...it was in the "fixing" stage lol

CornDogsCharger

Sweet ride!  I love the hideaways!!!! I can't wait to get my project '69 on the road for the first time  Keep up the good work

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

chrisII

nice lookin car!!  not so thrilled with those wheels , but to each his own.

Brock Samson

COOL CHARGER!!
I had those wheels on my white '89 Ramvan 150, combined with a black compititon stripe across the nose to match the white one on the back of my black '69 R/T they were perfect.  ;D
They're Americans and out of Production..

Really great Lookin Charger there, looks like a Bandit. black with hidaways 'n all,.. Weanwhile on TV.. Im watching Petty at Atlanta in '71, whup Person in the Merc... speaking of third Gens.
Great and..
MOre PicS Please..  ;D