News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what is needed for a 1968 front suspension

Started by jfreakofkorn, May 21, 2014, 09:37:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfreakofkorn

hello all and thanks for looking ...

as mentioned in the topic, i have a chance in purchasing a 1968 charger but the catch is, no front suspension ....?!?!?!

what is needed or the components to make it a roller ( to have it on all 4 wheels ) ....???

i have attached a photo and hope that it can provide an insight on what i am talking about ...

i am usually dealing with GM vehicle(s) but now i am venturing toward Mopars ( want a change of animals  ;) )

recommendations and opinions are welcomed

Troy

Of course I'm not at home where I have a nice picture! Where are you located as I have the whole front clip off a 69 Coronet (same as a Charger and all other B-bodies) that I don't need.

Basically, it looks like you need everything. Start with the K-frame since most of the other stuff bolts to it. Spindles, upper and lower control arms, strut rods, and torsion bars will get it rolling. Brakes and shocks eventually. To steer you need a column with the lower coupler, steering box, pitman arm, idler arm, center link, tie rods, and pump/hoses/pulleys/belts (if power). You'll need all the bushings, seals, and hardware to go with it. Obviously you'll need wheels and tires.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.