News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

vintage race photos - too cool to not share

Started by held1823, July 20, 2014, 08:39:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Quote from: held1823 on August 01, 2014, 08:48:53 AM
are you saying the petty body man was a little slack with the hood alignment?

surely they weren't taking advantage of the fresh air that might accumulate in that area...

I can think of another Superbird with a red hood that has a similar panel alignment "problem". 

The engine air intake is taken at the cowl and is a sealed system.    Raising the rear of the hood could help exhaust air trapped from the underside.

odcics2

Quote from: Aero426 on August 01, 2014, 09:17:28 AM
Quote from: held1823 on August 01, 2014, 08:48:53 AM
are you saying the petty body man was a little slack with the hood alignment?

surely they weren't taking advantage of the fresh air that might accumulate in that area...

I can think of another Superbird with a red hood that has a similar panel alignment "problem". 

The engine air intake is taken at the cowl and is a sealed system.    Raising the rear of the hood could help exhaust air trapped from the underside.

Base of the windshield is a high pressure area.
Besides, you have a pair of Exhausters over the tires to relieve pressure in the engine compartment, and lower drag!

Get your yarn tufts out, some masking tape and clear the local freeway!!   :2thumbs:
I'll be looking forward to the results from your experiment on Youtube!   :cheers:

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

Ghoste

I think maybe Aero426 was being slightly facetious, slightly.  ;)

BROCK

I agree that the air would not vent out at the rear of the hood - but what about the heat?!

=============================================
Let your music be in transit to the world