News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger Rear Trim

Started by john108, June 23, 2014, 06:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john108

The trim shown in this picture wraps the side of one or the tail lights.  Is it Stainless or chrome plated.
It is very badly pitted.  Is there any hope for it.  What can be done?

NHCharger

72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone- current moneypit
79 Lil Red Express - future moneypit
88 Ramcharger 4x4-moneypit in waiting
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

bill440rt

Chrome plated pot metal.
Your choices are either 1) finding NOS (good luck), 2) clean used pieces & having them rechromed, or 3) as NH has referenced above the reproduction pieces.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

john108

Thanks guys.
It is funny that the long trim piece, that runs between the 2 sides of the car, is in an order of magnitude better condition.  But Still not good.
I once thought that most of the Charger trim was stainless??  These are the worst pieces (the 4 shown on the beaparts image).

bill440rt

The top & bottom longer pieces ARE stainless. Then can be repaired & polished if they have small dings or imperfections.
I know the top piece is also being reproduced, not sure about the bottom piece.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

john108

The top piece looks good.
The bottom piece could use a good buffing.