News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is it ok to use plasti-dip on fillers? #73 problems#

Started by euroZ06, September 05, 2014, 09:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

euroZ06

So, i have taken on a few projects last few days and painted the front grill black and rear taillight surrounds black (using plasti dip).

I really like the look in the front, but a bit iffy on how it looks in the back and i think part of that is that ugly filler... Now if i can do the filler in black, it will improve the look both on the front and the back... My understanding is that plasti dip can be used on any surface, will it work on fillers?

I know doing a pro paint job is best option, but im on a budget (have quite a few things that need taken care of), and it seems that plasti dip does 90% of the job at 10% of the price. Works for me!
68 charger, 383, 727, 3.55

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

euroZ06

Quote from: Indygenerallee on September 06, 2014, 01:04:21 AM
Yep it will work.

Thank u! Is there an easy way to take them off or am i better off taping them off?

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

euroZ06

Aaaand done. Very happy with the result, wish ive done this sooner!

1973rallye

Quote from: euroZ06 on September 06, 2014, 01:23:31 AM
Quote from: Indygenerallee on September 06, 2014, 01:04:21 AM
Yep it will work.

Thank u! Is there an easy way to take them off or am i better off taping them off?
There is no easy way, and you risk breaking them if you try to remove them. They look to be in good shape, there are more than a few 73 74 owners who cringed (myself included) when you mentioned throwing paint on them. Your car, your choice.  Not sure how much you plan on doing yourself but I would recommend putting a few dollars aside for a set of factory manuals. You will not regret it.
1973 Rallye 440 4 speed
2016 Challenger r/t Shaker

euroZ06

Im not all about factory look, and like to spice things up a bit. Since my car is not all original (440 from a 68, swapped hood, raised, front spoiler, etc) i dont feel too bad about giving it a few touch ups. So far im really loving the new look.