News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GYC Daytona - current pics 1/4 mile VIDEO added

Started by r4daytona, September 23, 2014, 05:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparnation74

TUFCAT

70EK2Bird

That is cool Tom.  Makes me want to take my Superbird down the track just to see.  Maybe next year  :cheers:

CornDogsCharger

Loved the video Tom!  It's cool to see a wing car fly down the track!  I'm just glad to see you driving it like it was intended.  I wanted to ask though... was that on bias tires or radials?  I couldn't tell in the video. Cant wait to see the car one day.

Justin
"CornDog"
1966 Dodge Charger
1969 Dodge Charger (DMCL Project)
1969 Dodge Charger (WB General Lee "GL#004")
1969 Dodge Super Bee

Ghoste

I love it too, people think the wing cars can't run dragstrips for some reason and it's great to see them proven wrong.

r4daytona

Yes, those were on Bias ply's. redlines from Coker.  3.23 gears   I think I stated it before, car runs nice and straight but when you hit the shutdown road, THAAT road was not as smooth - kind of wavy.  Felt a bit like a boat swaying from side to side at 90-100 mph.  I really want it to say 102 for mph, not 101.89!  Damn so close!  If I got back maybe I'll take the air cleaner off, check tire pressure etc.  My friend that built the motor can help with that.  All I did that night was drive it 90 miles to the strip, got in line and raced a few times, then drove home.  lol

moparnation74

Quote from: r4daytona on September 25, 2014, 07:50:46 AM
Yes, those were on Bias ply's. redlines from Coker.  3.23 gears   I think I stated it before, car runs nice and straight but when you hit the shutdown road, THAAT road was not as smooth - kind of wavy.  Felt a bit like a boat swaying from side to side at 90-100 mph.  I really want it to say 102 for mph, not 101.89!  Damn so close!  If I got back maybe I'll take the air cleaner off, check tire pressure etc.  My friend that built the motor can help with that.  All I did that night was drive it 90 miles to the strip, got in line and raced a few times, then drove home.  lol
180 miles roundtrip, with some racing inbetween.  That is some good stuff right there!  People give me crap all the time.  They say, "You drove this here, why."  I always reply back, "These cars were built for one purpose and that is to be Driven!"  Then in my mind I am saying, "Well, it is my car."

BB14404SPD

Quote from: r4daytona on September 25, 2014, 07:50:46 AM

Nice runs on Bias ply's wow! What cam are you running I ask because you had a Lunati shirt on when you picked up your car. Again nice!