News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is it the booster?

Started by lukedukem, November 23, 2014, 08:53:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lukedukem

Driving home one day and the pedal got hard. Like I had no help with the pedal. I had to press real hard to get the car to stop. Some thing is not right. I thought I leaked out fluid or have a leak, but I should still have pedal. Plus there's fluid in the MC. Is it the booster? What else can I check. Oh, it's on a 69 charger, power drums, 383.

Luke   
1969 Charger XP29F9B226768
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Dino

Sure sounds like it.  This also happens when the vacuum for the booster gets disconnected.  I had it happen a few years ago in town when the vacuum hose at the manifold came off and I had a hell of a ime tryng to stop the car. 
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

lukedukem

Thanks Dino, I did checked to make sure the hose was good. So now I know I need a new booster, but I was gonna upgrade to disk. The drums stopped it fine, when they worked. Where can I get a good replacement for these. I think for now I'll stick with the power drum for now. I have other issue as well. I started car for first time yesterday and I have a gas leak. Need to get it on the lift.

Luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC

Dino

I'm not sure where to get a good booster, I hear a lot of the remans are pretty bad but have no real data to back that up.  Do a search here though, the disk boosters seem to be pretty hard to find and pricey.  I'd start with placing a wanted ad on the site here but if you're going to disks you may just want to get the booster for that or save up for a hydrobooster.  There may also be the chance that you can repair your current booster but I don't know the cost involved in that or if it's even worth doing.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

lukedukem

yeah, i thought about trying to rebiuld my current one. really dont care about it being the correct one. not numbers matching by any means.
but i'll search around, thanks

luke
1981 CJ7 I6 258ci
2016 F150, 5.0, FX4, CC