News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Restoration batteries- the new ones any better quality

Started by Ghoste, November 29, 2014, 08:31:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I know for a while, and maybe still, the restoration batteries had a reputation for going dead quickly.  Are the current crop improved?  I see there is a maintenance free one offered now but has the look of the old style, is that a decent battery?

Charger-Bodie

I have great luck with the newer agm style ones. Key is to run a maintainer on them.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ghoste

Ok, that helps.  So you are using the ones they advertise as sealed and glass mat and whatever?  Just want to be sure because I'd like the look of the old one but not if they are junk in a year, too expensive for that.  A tender is something I can easily handle though.

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Ghoste on November 29, 2014, 09:22:48 AM
Ok, that helps.  So you are using the ones they advertise as sealed and glass mat and whatever?  Just want to be sure because I'd like the look of the old one but not if they are junk in a year, too expensive for that.  A tender is something I can easily handle though.

Yes absorbed glass mat. They last well if maintained. The only maintainence you can do is make sure it's charged and not overcharged. The maintainers do that.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............