News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Close call for this guy, Haggerty almost messed up...

Started by 1974dodgecharger, December 09, 2014, 09:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brass

Hagerty uses pre-agreed values to avoid this kind of mess.  What gives?  He must have had the car valued at only $6900. I know Chevys are cheap but still...

myk

Nothing like a little bad publicity to get the ball rolling.  I'll need to keep this story in mind
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

Stegs

Quote from: myk on December 10, 2014, 04:36:02 AM
Nothing like a little bad publicity to get the ball rolling.  I'll need to keep this story in mind

i have my charger thru hagerty too...with a pre-determined value. They looked it over and agreed to the value.

So if this were to happen to my charger, are they going to write me a check for 5k?

i hate insurance

myk

Quote from: Stegs on December 10, 2014, 07:11:39 AM
Quote from: myk on December 10, 2014, 04:36:02 AM

i have my charger thru hagerty too...with a pre-determined value. They looked it over and agreed to the value.

So if this were to happen to my charger, are they going to write me a check for 5k?

i hate insurance

Agreed.  I don't trust Hagerty or any insurance company for that matter.  I'm sure with their lawyers and expertise in legalese they could worm their way out of claims if the stakes were high enough...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

6spd68

After my PARKED car was rear-ended by a city garbage truck; State Farm tried to write my vehicle off with the only damage as shown below \/

After many calls and informing them that I was aware the city also used them to ensure their fleet (conflict of interest); my vehicle was repared.  That whole experience just showed me how companies like that will always try to screw the little guy if they can.  I've yet for any insurance company to do anything beneficial for me as a customer.

MYK, I think these scumbags will worm their way out of any claim if they have the opportunity.
Every great legend has it's humble beginning.
Project 668:
1968 Dodge Charger (318 Car)
Projected Driveline:
383 with mild stroke
Carb intake w/Holley 750 VS

6-Speed Dodge Viper Transmission

Fully rebuilt Dana-60 w/Motive gears. 3.55 Posi, Yukon axles.

Finished in triple black. 

ETA: "Some velvet morning, when I'm straight..."