News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

this is what it looks like to jump out of an airplane in case you care

Started by AKcharger, March 19, 2016, 02:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

birdsandbees

I still can't find any reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane... even if the engine quits! My wife wanted too, but we finally decided it wouldn't look good for me when her chute didn't open and I was the pilot !!  :scratchchin:
1970 'Bird RM23UOA170163
1969 'Bee WM21H9A230241
1969 Dart Swinger LM23P9B190885
1967 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S
1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2 - 9941 original miles
1964 Dodge 440 62422504487

Drache

Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

polywideblock

this  ..... I still can't find any reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane...       :scared:

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Drache

Quote from: polywideblock on March 19, 2016, 03:13:17 PM
this  ..... I still can't find any reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane...       :scared:

You really haven't seen the airplanes we jump out of...  :nana:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

John_Kunkel

Only way you could get me out of that airplane would be to push and, even then, I'd have pieces of that grab bar in each hand.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

AKcharger

this  ..... I still can't find any reason to jump out of a perfectly good airplane...       :scared:

There's a tee shirt that has the answer..."because someone opened the door!"

Quote from: John_Kunkel on March 19, 2016, 03:59:27 PM

Only way you could get me out of that airplane would be to push and, even then, I'd have pieces of that grab bar in each hand.
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:

Good work Drache! you be safe doing that stuff.  It's exciting but there's too many other things battling for my limited time and $$$

miller time

That's pretty cool, and what if your plane was headed into a mountian side? I'd bet you'd jump then! What was all the hand movement for? Sending the other guy signals or adjusting your fall? I bet the first time you jumped on looked up at the plane you were like, shit no going back now.... I hope this goes well...... What were your thoughts the forest time your instructor said it our turn let's go?

DeltaV

No airplane is perfect  :nana:
Don't fight a battle if you don't gain anything by winning. - Erwin Rommel

AKcharger

Quote from: miller time on March 19, 2016, 04:45:02 PM
That's pretty cool, and what if your plane was headed into a mountian side? I'd bet you'd jump then! What was all the hand movement for? Sending the other guy signals or adjusting your fall? I bet the first time you jumped on looked up at the plane you were like, shit no going back now.... I hope this goes well...... What were your thoughts the forest time your instructor said it our turn let's go?

Hi MT! there are a few hand signals for "arch" bend your legs and stuff but I think the instructor (camera view) was just making small hand movements to stay stable...I wasn't watching him, objective on this jump was to just stay stable and hold a heading.  The 1st jump was scary but you're so pumped up you just go, I was VERY happy after I pulled and had a good chute. Jumps 1 and 2 scary, 3-5 a little better and 6 started to get fun

miller time

Sounds fun I hate you signature BTW, every time I see I waste atleast a minute looking at it! :smilielol:

AKcharger

Quote from: miller time on March 19, 2016, 05:10:34 PM
I hate you signature BTW, every time I see I waste atleast a minute looking at it! :smilielol:

it's time well spent

Just 6T9 CHGR

Damn bro.....that first camera "look out" of the plane to the ground below sealed the deal for me.......a big 'ole NOPE!!  :rotz:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

myk

I've gone twice, from 14,000 feet.  Both times they had to push me out of the plane lol...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

hemi71x

I have only 11 parachute jumps in my lifetime, when i was 20 years old, before i went in the Air Force.
There are two "oh shit" moments when you jump.
When you exit the aircraft, and the first time the parachute opens for you.
I at times think about trying it again at the Lodi, CA. parachute center, but now I'm a 63 year old man, and i don't think i have the balls to do it anymore in my old age.

RF-4C Phantom 69-370 Zweibrucken, Germany

tan top

:scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:  damn ,     that takes guts  , to do that guys   :bow: , especially when the plane seems to be working ok !!   ,  could never do that , unless tha plane was  going down in a ball of flames  :lol: :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

69rtse4spd

Way cool, but since I watched you do it, don't ever need to do it now.  :lol:. No spare chute,  :eek2: lot of trust on your part. Dad was in the 11th. airborne in WWII, had some stories he told about jumping.   

Drache

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on March 20, 2016, 09:17:25 PM
No spare chute,  :eek2: lot of trust on your part.

What do you mean? Looks like the OP's video everyone was wearing a standard rig that has a main and a reserve?  :shruggy:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

AKcharger

Quote from: 69rtse4spd on March 20, 2016, 09:17:25 PM
No spare chute,  :eek2: lot of trust on your part. Dad was in the 11th. airborne in WWII, had some stories he told about jumping.   

an easy mistake if you only saw military rigs with the reserve on your chest...here look. the main chute in in the bottome of the container and the reserve is in the upper half. much more streamlined

Hey, my dad was 11th Airborne too! he got to the pacific right after he war and served as occupation forces

69rtse4spd

I see now, dad got drafted in 44. Said they were sitting on the bus at the camp, NCO got on, said everone on this side is in the airborne, one way to do it. He said they were sitting on the tarmac in gear ready to jump on Japan when they got word it was over, did duty in Japan also.